Posted on :
11 Jul, 2016
11 Jul, 2016
SOS Children’s Village Ghana work to prevent family breakdown and care for children who have lost parental care, or who risk losing it. We work with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children, in every society, are respected and fulfilled.
We are non-governmental and non-denominational. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development.
All the work we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors
SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organisation that provides a stable family environment for children in need. We have four villages currently in operations in Tema, Asialwa, Kumasi & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our family strengthening programme (FSP). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as:
Job Title: Programme Director
• The Programme Director will co-ordinate all programme interventions and will be responsible and accountable for the overall development and management of the programme and its staff.
• He/She will be required to manage a co-ordinated approach to Child and Youth Care, Family and Community Development, Education and advocacy within a given programme location.
• The Programme Director will also be required to ensure that the individual needs and rights of children and youth are addressed and respected in the spirit of the UN convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the UN Guidelines on the Alternative care of Children.
• He/She will have to build and maintain positive and strong relationships with the community, local authorities and a network of partner organisations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the overall development of the programme
• Guide and support programme co-workers
• Promote strong and long-term partnerships with local authorities, partner organisations and the community
• Contribute to the development of the National Association and the SOS Children’s Village Organization
• Manage heads of all programme units within the location
• Identify local funding opportunities and grant applications or other forms of local income (such as donations in kind and government subsides)
• Ensure professional human resource management at location level (orientation, recruitment, performance management, etc.)
The Programme Director reports directly to the National Director and receives guidance and on-going support from the National and Regional Programme Development staff
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of first degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in Social Sciences or community Development
• A 2nd Degree in Organizational Development or Business / Project Management will be an added advantage
• In-depth knowledge of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the UN Guidelines on the Alternative Care of Children
• Versatile communication skills that can be effective at all levels
• Three years’ minimum experience in managing a team consisting of approximately eight people
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suit)
Location: Tamale & Asiakwa
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications, (indicating their reliable phone numbers) and in the case of the Programme Director position, their preferred location (Tamale or Asiakwa) and curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager
P.O.Box AN 16657
Or email to:
Closing Date: 15 July, 2016