Posted on :
15 Aug, 2016
15 Aug, 2016
SOS Hermann Gmeiner College located in the Mirpur-13 of the capital was established in 1986 by the SOS-Kinderdorf International of Germany, a Non-Government Organization. The foundation stone was laid by the former President Hussain Muhammad Ershad. In 2010, the college was ranked among the top ten institutions of the country for its academic performance in Secondary School Certificate examination
Primarily established to educate the orphans who reside in the SOS Children Village of Dhaka, the school now takes students from all social backgrounds in grades from preparatory to twelfth grade aged from 4 to 18. The Dhaka chapter of SOS-Kinderdorf International headed by a country director is the administrative body of the institution with the Principal serving as the head of the institution. The school has approximately 1100 students on role.
Job Title: System Administrator
We are a reputable international school in need of a System Administrator (SA). The SA will be responsible for the effective provision, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of system hardware, software and related infrastructure. The SA will be accountable for the following:
• WAN infrastructure management
• LAN infrastructure management
• Operating System support, including Windows systems that support AD infrastructure, Apply OS and Apple IOS.
• Install and configure systems such as Servers, CISCO routers and Firewall
• Perform daily system monitoring and verify the integrity of systems
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
• Repair and recover from hardware of software failure.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify and prevent possible intrusions
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimisation
• User support
Qualification Required & Experience
Knowledge / Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as computer engineering or computer science
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft and CISCO
• 4 to 6 years system administration experience.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications including their CV by email to:
Closing Date: 16 August, 2016