Posted on :
14 Sep, 2016
14 Sep, 2016
St. Patrick Hospital, also known in Kpando and its surrounding villages as Akoto Hospital, is a small private hospital located in Kpando Tsakpui. The hospital is owned by a native of Kpando, called Dr. Lawrence Akoto. He established the hospital about 20 years ago. Because of the good location, the hospital serves many locals, especially community members alongside and on the Volta Lake. Akoto Hospital was one of the first private hospitals to be approved by the government to care for patients registered under the National Health Insurance Scheme. The hospital consists of and outpatient department, a laboratory, a small surgical room for caesareans and a gynecological department. In Hohoe, a village about 40 minutes from Kpando by taxi, Dr. Akoto has established a dental clinic.
A volunteer or intern will get the opportunity to observe and shadow the nurses and doctors at the outpatient department and during the rounds. It is also possible to observe and assist at the wards or the dental clinic in Hohoe. The actual role in the hospital depends on qualifications. A student will mainly observe and assist. A qualified medical professional, will be given more tasks and responsibilities.
Job Title: Nursing Administrator
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership for Departmental and Ward Managers in the facility
• Contribute to the organisation and management of multi-professional, patient Centered care.
• Lead in the preparation of operational policies and plan for nursing and midwifery services in the facility and advocate for its implementation.
• Take a lead role in promoting practices that are sensitive to the needs of clients from multicultural backgrounds.
• Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of standards, policies and procedures for the delivery of quality nursing care.
• Ensure the provision of a safe and therapeutic environment for optimum patient care in the department.
• Give expert opinion based on practice-based evidence and ensure that the planning, delivery and evaluation of care programmes address the complex and changing needs of all patients.
• Draw upon a wide range of clinical and technical expertise to support skill development of staff
• Allocate, coordinate, monitor and assess the work of unit managers in the facility.
• Contribute to ‘Staff planning, distribution of various categories of staff for smooth running of nursing and midwifery services in the facility.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Deputy Director of Nursing who has served satisfactorily and continuously for a minimum of three (3) years on that grade OR
• Principal Nursing Midwifery Officer who holds a master’s degree in a clinical specially or Nursing Administration and has served satisfactorily and continuously for a minimum of seven (7) years.
• Applicants should have a valid PIN and be able to serve at least five (5) years before attaining the retiring age of 60 years
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should forward complete application letters with all supporting documents to the address below.
THE ADMINISTRATOR/HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
ST. PATRICK’S HOSPITAL
P. O. BOX 17
Closing Date: 30 September, 2016
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.