Posted on :
12 Jan, 2017
12 Jan, 2017
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It operates a network of more than 1,200 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people. It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services. Despite its UK base, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To run the branch as a profitable area, managing the sales process by acquiring new business and deepening existing customer relationships and maintaining operational efficiency while providing the appropriate service standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Generate new business through comprehensive sales activity planning and executions, monitoring and promoting outbound calls.
2. Cascading and actively executing the Retail Banking strategy through the implementation of branch action plans for meeting revenue and cost targets.
3. Planning and executing partnership plans with Business Heads to ensure that the overall Retail Banking segment goals are delivered.
4. Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations, controls and procedures of the Bank, and run the branch operations in a controlled and healthy manner.
5. Ensure that the branch executes a comprehensive delivery program to provide service to customers in accordance with the bank’s service standards and ever growing customer expectations.
6. Ensure compliance with:
a. “Guidelines and Procedures on ‘Know your customer” for Account Opening and “Guidelines and Procedures on Cross-Border Account Opening Referral” issued by Group Business and Operations Risk.
b. Controls and procedures on “Know Your Customer” and Customer Due Diligence introduced to address money laundering prevention and compliance risk.
c. “Guidelines for the submission of Suspicious Transactions Reports” issued by Head Legal & Compliance/ Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer.
d. Guidelines for Compliance Risk Monitoring.
Ensure that branch has adequate capacity to deliver business strategy and that staff are highly engaged.
9. Acting as a liaison between Corporate Affairs and your immediate community.
10. Prime custodian for excess and independent AML reports.
11. Second Back up for EOD petty cash custodian.
12. Biometric Administrator
13. KEK custodian 1
Health and Safety
a. Responsible for communicating the Health and Safety message
b. Establish and monitor appropriate management controls, to ensure that issues are tracked and escalated and appropriate actions are taken
c. Comply with legislations and mandatory codes of practices and standards, applicable in Ghana
d. Ensure that Group Policy on Health and Safety is implemented in the branch and department
e. Responsible for staff training and to ensure their safety at the work place at all times.
1. Manage Sales Processes
2. Cash/Security custodial responsibility
3. Manage operational efficiency and cost controls
4. Ensure adequate quality service
5. Ensure compliance with Group Policy
Qualifications and Skills