Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.
The Bank’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, ‘Here for good’.
Standard Chartered Bank [SCB] is currently recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Business Finance Manager
- Contributes to the right balance of growth, profitability and control of the business by:
- Providing senior management of International Commercial Banking and Financial Markets with frequent, complete, accurate, timely and valid information as to the performance of the Commercial Banking & Financial Markets businesses on a monthly basis.
- Managing the processes and systems for formulating and evaluating business strategies/performance including planning, forecasting and budgeting, advanced analysis of financial data and team’s profitability.
- Focusing on design, development, implementation, control and maintenance of management performance processes within Commercial Banking & Financial Markets.
- Support in setting strategy and monitoring progress towards Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure the accurate and timely monthly reporting of financial information including compliance to IFRS.
- Preparation of a comprehensive budget and forecasts for the business segment and products.
- Prepare monthly Customer Profitability.
- Support Assets and Liabilities Committee related issues which also includes Balance Sheet, Risk Weighted Assets and Capital Requirement Analysis.
- Periodic Performance management Issues
- All country Commercial Banking and Financial Market finance issues
- Build on key team coherence to deliver on Business Support performance objectives.
- Support business to review product program/document with special emphasis on appropriate financial and management accounting
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the business on strategy and monitor progress towards Key Performance Indicators.
- Actively implement the business partnering concept between Ghana finance teams and the business.
- Actively implement a consistent path to the Group Business Model and migrates best practices.
- To report Commercial Banking & Financial Markets monthly performance and ensure reports are timely and accurate at both product and customer segment levels. This includes the consistent application of FTP and cost allocation methodologies.
- To further develop and implement comprehensive financial reporting for the Commercial Banking & Financial Markets.
- Review Ghana monthly Assets and Liability Committee reporting and ensure timely submission to Group Market Risk.
- Ensure the accurate preparation of the Customer Profitability Report to achieve the desired product, data and segment accuracy.
Budgeting and Planning:
- Actively support the formulation of the annual budget for the business.
- Actively support Business Heads in developing and Monitoring the Value Based Management (VBM).
- Actively support the Executive Director Finance in the proper application of accounting principles and disciplines from the Group Management Accounting manual.
- Implement project accounting disciplines and tracking for all pan African and local projects and ensure benefits tracking is carried out.
Unit Operational Risk Manager
- To report Unit’s Operational Risk issues and losses from the Responsible Person to the Functional Operational Risk Management.
- To assist Functional Operational Risk Management in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
- Act as Operational Risk Coordinator for the section
- To adhere to the agreed Key Control Self Assesment plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all Key Control Self Assesment related activities
- To maintain independence in the conduct of Key Control Self Assesment, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
Qualifications and Skills
- A broad appreciation of banking practice and management techniques.
- A good knowledge of Group and local banking accounting procedures and requirements.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and communicate clearly and logically both in writing and orally.
- A formal business studies qualification – University degree in finance/economics and/or professional qualification – CA, CIMA, ACCA, CIS, etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical capability
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Group Accounting Policy
- High level of computer literacy is required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online