Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.The Bank’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, ‘Here for good’.
Job Title: Regional CDD Risk Analyst
Subject Matter Expert for the end to end Client Due Diligence (CDD) process for Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) clients. Constantly review and resolve the risks arising from the CIB CDD policy, process, system and procedures with an aim to improve the risk quality, efficiency and effectiveness and meet the required regulatory and internal standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive the Global CDD model to build synergy between the countries and regions, work closely with CDD Risk Managers from other regions to share best practices and ensure uniform approach towards implementation of Global CDD Model and adherence to Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI)
- Act as the “go to” person in CIB for the region/country for advice on policy, process, system and procedures to enable creation of a true “Centre of Excellence” for the CDD model between the hub and the spokes from an end-to-end process perspective.
- Maintain continuous liaison with Regional Financial Crime & Compliance (FCC) & central CIB/FCC teams for guidance on complex policy/risk issues and active feedback loop for policy gaps and revisions required
- Monitor long overdue cases, manual trigger reviews, sanctions submission, paper case rectification, Control Sample Tests/Quality Improvement & Assurance rectification, and report to the relevant governance committees/groups as appropriate
- Act as an escalation point for FCC on risk issues identified through second line assurance or advisory processes and thematic feedback on CDD quality in the country / region.
- Play an expert role as an advisor/coach to Relationship Managers and CDD Execution Teams to ensure ongoing quality assurance of the CDDs in the region
- Advise on any training gaps in the region that require rectification or proactive actions
- Seek and escalate front line feedback on market practices and peer bank policy/procedures.
- Work and/or lead on global and regional projects as prioritized by the region/group
- Act as CDD Spokesperson for the Region (representation at Business Operational Risk Forum, Regional Risk Forum, and other committees)
- Monitor and execute as appropriate timely completion of Operational Risk Framework checks by CIB teams, Hub & Country CDD teams, ensure escalation of exceptions noted if any, through appropriate forum (country BORF/CORC) and to Country/Regional Heads.
- Assist Country Teams on responses to CDD related queries from ongoing audits, if any and involve the CDD Teams on queries involving process/system changes, for effective closure
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters or Bachelors degree
- Subject matter expert & thought leadership in KYC/CDD and related operations
- Knowledge of the local/regional regulatory environment and the ongoing developments
- Process and operational expertise with a keen sense of commercial awareness needed to develop appropriate solutions.
- Proven experience of developing, interpreting & applying Anti Money Laundering policy in the context of a Client/Enhanced Due Diligence process
- Good knowledge of Wholesale Banking products
- Project Management skills to undertake and supervise/monitor specific projects
- Proactive and positive with the ability to make good/sound decisions and use independent judgement
- Thorough understanding of the legal structures of various client entity types including financial institutions, corporate organisations, funds.
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders
- Interpersonal skills in networking, influencing and decision taking
- Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with FCC & stakeholders in the Business and Operations by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively
- Can work independently to strict timeframes
- Focused, organised and results-oriented
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to influence senior staff and offshore shared services teams and drive change agenda
- Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required