Posted on :
24 Jan, 2015
24 Jan, 2015
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange. It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange. The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
Purpose of role
To support Insurance Sales and to maximize the competitive advantage of the Bank’s business by providing product knowledge, sales and after-sales support of Insurance products to Commercial Clients
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1.Insurance Sales and Services
– Collaborate with Relationship Managers (RMs) or Branch Sales staff or New Business teams to provide professional Insurance planning services and Pre-Sales information, meet potential Commercial Clients and answer complex Insurance enquires.
Analyze Commercial Clients’ financial situation and identify their financial needs, recommend relevant products and structure solutions to best suit their needs.
Provide quality after-sales services to maintain the customer relationship and solicit referral business to expand the customer base.
Work closely with RMs or Branch sales staff or Employee Banking teams to optimize the sales results.
Maximize business opportunities to achieve predictable sales targets / business goals.
Coaching RMs for knowledge development
2.Compliance and Control
Comply with all applicable compliance procedures and report any suspicious activity to Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
Comply with the guidelines listed in operation manual and product policies on all sales process.
Adhere to the highest standard of quality and customer satisfaction
Make referrals of other Wealth Management (WM) solutions based on identified customer needs, preferably with high probability of closure.
Qualifications & Skills
Knowledge & Skills
• A good first degree in any discipline
• A minimum of 3 years experience in Sales, preferably in Insurance products
• Understanding of Client needs and a role model in being responsive.
• Clear thinker; concise and articulate and having regulatory knowledge will be an added advantage
• Good writing and presentation skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.