Posted on :
21 Jan, 2015
21 Jan, 2015
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange. It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange. The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
Job Title: Relationship Manager
Standard Chartered Bank has an increased focus on the Public Sector, defined as comprising Central Bank, Federal Ministries, Government Parastatals and Agencies, Sub sovereigns and State Sovereign Wealth Funds. Public Sector presents a significant and underpenetrated opportunity to be a leading growth driver.
The candidate will also proactively manage and develop the portfolio of Development Organisations, generating substantial incremental revenues from this portfolio by:
1. Defending and enhancing revenues from products & services currently delivered to existing clients;
2. Generating new revenue from existing relationships through providing creative solutions to client’s needs and cross-selling SCB products and services; and,
3. Identifying and introducing new clients with whom a mutually beneficial relationship can be developed subject to strategy.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement our segment strategy;
2. Lead engagement and deepen wallet share with Central Banks as well as select Public Sector clients;
3. Develop access to all appropriate buying-points throughout the organisation and to improve SCB’s access to the decision makers in order to enhance our market profile and support new business generation
4. Co-ordinate calling plan for Public Sector targets to achieve the optimal benefit to the Bank.
5. Lead transactions negotiating and structuring and assist global team with cross-border transactions.
6. Drive transactions by bridging client needs and SCB product capabilities
7. Prepare and present client pitch documents
8. To develop a forward-looking assessment of client risk and, by sharing this insight internally, help protect SCB from loss from credit, operational or reputational risk.
9. To sustain and enhance SCB’s reputation for professional integrity and creative, client-focused service.
The individual would work alongside the Corporate and Institutional Clients (CIC) regional structures, leveraging these to execute strategy. The candidate would drive strong engagement with product partners to ensure alignment in both the planning and execution of our Public Sector strategy.
Qualifications & Skills
• A good University Degree or Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline
• Minimum of 10 years Banking experience, 5 of which must be in Client Relationship roles
• Proven track record of experience in dealing with public sector clients
• Strong interpersonal skills, capable of developing relationships with individuals from across different areas of the Bank
• Sound understanding of Financial Markets & Transaction Banking products, ability to influence product partners and help deliver structured solutions
• Flexibility to work across different transactions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice
• Strong Communication and people management skills
• Strong selling and negotiation skills
• Strong Financial, analytical and writing skills
• Thorough understanding of the bank’s products and credit policies
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here