Posted on :
1 Sep, 2015
1 Sep, 2015
1. Charged with direct management of accounts within the portfolio, assigned by the Head, Special Assets Management Ghana.
2. Ensure that designated account risks are properly identified and assessed
3. Ensure that designated accounts have action plans which are formulated and implemented so as to minimize risks, prevent losses, maximize recoveries and restore profits through rehabilitation, workout, direct recovery actions and legal processes.
4. To improve early identification of problem debt, by development of a proper environment encouraging open and up front reporting from Relationship Managers.
5. Provide an accurate assessment of monthly Interest in Suspense / Provision movements.
6. Assist Business Unit Head and BORM in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the business unit level.
7. Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Directors/Managers/Owners of borrowing customers
Lawyers, Accountants, Brokers, Valuers
Relationship Managers with Client relationship
Country Head CIBD
Regional Credit Officer- Africa
Head Special Asset Management
Audit & Security
Other GSAM Officers
Legal/ Treasury/Finance/ CAD Department
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Strong negotiation skills to manage problem accounts in Ghana.
2. Good interpersonal skills coupled with professional integrity in order to command respect and credibility in situations involving conflicting interests. (Internal and external).
3. Tertiary academic qualification and/or extensive practical know-how in accounting, finance and banking practice and theory.
4. Experience in the banking industry, with sound knowledge of risks involved in lending, particularly corporate lending.
5. Practical and technical knowledge of laws relating to bankers’ rights, corporate finance, security documentation and realization, appropriate Corporate Law, receivership, bankruptcy and winding up.
6. Up-to-date knowledge of Economic conditions.
7. Ability to resolve conflicts, manage crises and solve problems, withstand pressure, work fast, set priorities and organize management time among numerous accounts needing urgent attention simultaneously, with initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, analytical ability, energy and determination to execute and win.
8. Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing, and to conduct meetings (often in hostile/ confrontational circumstances and/or at very Senior Corporate/Bank levels) and focus on relevant issues.