Stanford University Global LLC is pleased to announce their expansion into Accra, Ghana, and seeking qualified candidates for the Finance/ Administration Manager position. The Finance/Administration Manager is responsible for providing financial administration and general administrative support for programs coordinated by the Seed West Africa Center.
Job Title: Finance / Administration Manager
The successful candidate will have responsibility to:
- Manage entire accounting documentation process locally, including market surveys, pricing for services, requests for quotations, documenting and making recommendations for contract selection, verification of receipt of supplies and services, invoice receipt and verification, electronic and paper vendor files.
- Work in Stanford University-based Oracle and local banking system to create purchase orders and initiate payments for vendors.
- Coordinate salary and payroll administration with the assistance of external vendor.
- Work with Stanford financial support functions to prepare and file monthly and yearly tax declarations with local authorities, liaise with local tax authorities (as required) and external vendors.
- Manage travel coordination processes for Seed West Africa staff and coaches in sub-region (flights, ground transport and hotels) and for Seed staff and Stanford faculty (hotels and ground transport). Make travel arrangements and transportation as directed in compliance with SU Global LLC and sponsor policies.
- Serve as petty cash custodian account. Manage payments within assigned budget/expenditure limits
- Coordinate logistics for program activities, meetings, and events, including those with external partners.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualification: Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree from an accredited university, and at least 5 years’ relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An advanced level of fluent English skills both oral and written
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practical experience in business fundamentals
- Demonstrated expertise with internet banking
- Computer proficiency with skill in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel skills, including complex spreadsheet and pivot table proficiency
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- At the time of hire must be legally authorized to work in Ghana.
- Must comply with all visa, work authorization, and tax related laws and regulations as a condition of employment.
- Position is benefits eligible subject to applicable Ghana/US laws, regulations and Stanford University policy.