Posted on :
22 Apr, 2015
22 Apr, 2015
Job Title: Safety Advisor
Reports to: Yard Manager, functionally to HSE Manager
Project; Tullow TEN
The HSE Advisor has primary responsibility for the Health, Safety and welfare of all site personnel.
HSEQ ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Continuously develop the HSE culture at every opportunity during operations on project.
• Promote correct HSE behaviours through personal example. Take action upon any health, safety and environmental matter identified or brought to their notice., Report regularly to their Manager and escalate any matter which they are unable to rectify.
• Be accountable for communicating HSE objectives and maintaining the Competence Assurance process program for all employees.
• Maintain responsibility and accountability for HSE through active supervision.
• Ensure that the workforce are adequately trained, competent and authorised for the operations which they are required to perform, and kept informed of all relevant information to ensure their health and safety. Carry out appropriate induction training.
• Put forward health, safety and environmental performance expectations for appraisals and assessments. Set HSE Objectives.
• Maintain awareness of activities, interfaces and the associated risks.
• Ensure a safe working environment for employees. Assist in all safety inspections to ensure that the workplace is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. Ensure as far as is reasonably practicable that the work place is kept free of potential hazards.
• Ensure that risk assessments are carried out. Evaluate processes and activities for the presence of hazards. Assess, record and control the subsequent risk to a tolerable level.
• Identify additional HSE resource requirements.
• Conform with the emergency procedures applicable to their place of work. Ensure that the workforce is aware of, and understands, the emergency procedures.
• Facilitate effective two-way communication with the workforce on HSE issues. Conduct Toolbox Talks and Pre Job Safety Meetings. Attend HSE Meetings and ensure workforce participation.
• Remain aware of the relevant HSE legislation relevant to their operations.
• Ensure all safety devices provided are utilised and maintained, critical safety behaviours are adhered to, protective equipment is worn, safety rules are observed and safe working practices applied. Ensure correct equipment usage, inspection and effective maintenance.
• Report and investigate all near misses and incidents including environmental incidents in the area of responsibility.
• Pursue action in accordance with the Company disciplinary procedures for those who are negligent in failing to follow established safety and environmental procedures or misuse equipment provided for their health and safety.
• Ensure that operations are conducted in compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation and Company policy, plans and procedures. Ensure workers are kept informed of all relevant information to ensure their Health and Safety, and the protection of the Environment.
• Communicate HSE report and audit information to staff.
OPERATIONAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advise site Management on compliance with company, client and Government occupational Safety, Environment and Health Regulations.
• Provide safety advice and assistant to all operational departments.
• Organise and monitor training and safety courses
• Prepare and keep records of events on Occupational Health and Safety and analyse results, including incident reports.
• Update safety instructions and prepare safety procedures and conduct HIRA/JSA
• Develop and follow up on the evaluation of safety standard on the yard, issue and follow up punch list completion.
• Carry out site surveys and ensure that the safety and fire precautions are constantly enforced.
• Carry out audit on all fire fighting equipment both in the yard and living accommodations used by the company expatriate staff.
• Attend and prepare safety committee reports.
• Keep up to date with recommended safety documents.
• Advise management of any enforcement of new safety regulations or any improvement of existing safety methods.
• Advise the management of any legal contractual requirements affecting Safety, Health, and Environment on the yard.
• Report to the yard manager operationally on daily basis.
• Refer functionally to the project HSE Manager
• Carry out the administrative duties in safety department.
• Attend client weekly project meetings and advise where necessary.
• Issue safety violation notice when necessary in accordance with company regulations.
• Liaise with government agency as well as regulatory bodies and associations on HSE issues affecting the company.
• Operating gas detectors such as H2S monitor, explosive meter, oxygen analyser, radiation monitor etc.
• Prepare safe working procedures for classified and restricted work areas and Risk assessments for Hazardous operation.
• Issue ‘Permit to Work’ for hot work, radiography, confined space entry, hazardous work etc. (Non routine work)
• Monitor that the permit to work and lock-out/tag-out procedure are correctly followed
• Co-ordinate management, Supervision and project HSE meetings, Toolbox meetings and edit and distribute minutes of various HSE meetings.
• Take part in incident Investigation and reporting and advised on preventive actions.
• Carry out C.O.S.H.H assessment and advice preventive measures. (Control of Substances Hazardous to health).
• Manage Synergi HSE content for the yard
• Arbitration on all matters related to HSE in the Yard, including SYNERGI and HIRA activities
• Yard Manager / Fabrication Department
• Project Team
• Client / Subcontractors / Third Part inspection agencies as required
Capability Profile – Knowledge, Skills, Experience And Behaviours
• Significant experience of HSE activity in a Contractor environment with good knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Knowledge and experience of ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 standard
• English spoken & written imperative with good communication skills
• Basic computer skills
The Safety Advisor should have completed or be working towards completing the following minimum HSEQ Training requirements, as per Subsea 7 HSEQ Training Matrix.
HSEQ Training Minimum Requirements
Subsea 7 Site Specific Safety Management.
Subsea 7 Site Specific Safety Leadership.
Subsea 7 Corporate HSEQ Induction.
Site HSEQ Induction.
Subsea 7 BMS Awareness.
Subsea 7 Site Specific Manual Handling.
Subsea 7 Environmental Awareness.
Relevant Offshore Survival.
Site Specific Permit to Work.
Subsea 7 Site Specific Lift Planning Awareness.
Safe Provision and use of Work Equipment.
Subsea 7 Waste Management Awareness.
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here