Posted on :
2 Sep, 2016
2 Sep, 2016
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the leading and first private cancer care centre of excellence in West Africa. SGMC covers the full range of cancer specialties; our highly skilled team uses state-of-the art equipment and European-standard treatment techniques to provide high quality radiation treatment. In addition, the Centre uses modern virtual simulation and CT-based 3D treatment planning capabilities aimed at precisely targeting radiation delivery to tumors, while protecting normal tissues. Our cancer treatment plans and modern radiotherapy give all our patients their best chance to fight cancer, to survive cancer and to improve the quality of their lives while living with cancer.
Team spirit is our strength. We are receptive, keen to learn from the diverse viewpoints of all our colleagues, and always seeking to improve our skills. Together we share the responsibility for SGMC’s future and for advancing the services we deliver to patients from across Africa. We share knowledge, ideas and information in an open and honest way, in a climate of transparency, trust and respect for one another. We uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior. In everything we do, we always strive to take away the burden of cancer.
Job Title: HR Generalist
We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources (HR) Generalist to implement a variety of human resource programs. The Finance and Administration Manager will depend on your expertise and assistance in a number of important functions such as staffing, compensation and benefits, and training and development. You will be working in accordance with Ghana Labour Law, industry compliance standards and also SGMC Policy and Procedures as enshrined in the various policy manuals.
If you are looking to kick start your career in HR, this is the place to be. Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a passion for HR, and the professional maturity to handle the demands of a highly skilled workforce engaged in challenging roles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The goal is to ensure that SGMC’s HR operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to employees and the company as a whole.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Administering compensation and benefit plans
• Assisting in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
• Conducting employee onboarding
• Helping to plan training, development and succession
• Providing support to employees in various HR related topics such as leave, compensation etc. and resolve issues and problems
• Promoting HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
• Assisting in development and implementation of company policies
• Undertaking tasks in performance management
• Gathering and reporting data with useful HR metrics: collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
• Maintaining employee files and records in electronic and paper form
• General accountability includes:
• Protecting company’s value by keeping information confidential and ensuring privacy is adhered to in the course of work
• Complying with national, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhancing department and company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Proven experience as HR Generalist with a minimum of three years’ work experience
Good knowledge of employment/labor laws, and understanding of general HR policies and procedures, preferably in a Ghana context
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) will be a plus
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Aptitude in problem-solving and professional maturity.
• Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
• BSc/BA in Business administration in HR field
• Additional HR training will be a plus
Benefits: attractive remuneration package.
How To Apply For The Job
Send your CV to:-
Closing Date: 09 September, 2016