A social media coordinator can also been known as a writer. They are known for writing for multiple platforms that include blogs, promotional material, website copy, articles and interviews, as well as composing Twitter posts and Facebook updates. Content is a critical part of social media and without good, relevant and up-to-date content, your company will not get the attention it wants.
Job Title: The Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator will write, review and edit marketing material and coordinate social media activities for the organization. He / she will work collaboratively with staff from across the organization to promote their goals and messages while maintaining and aligning with corporate message and image.
- Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create a social ad to suit the campaign.
- Build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online, to support corporate goals, incorporating Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Slide share, Google+ and others.
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools and applications and recommend actions/next steps.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organization to develop and post content to social networking sites.
- Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor the company’s social media performance usage reports and tracking search engine results.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze site performance metrics and make recommendations on content, site design or features to improve effectiveness of web content and/or applications.
- Respond to social media inquiries about online activities in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Provide support to other team members on online promotions.
Required Skills or Experience
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, IT or a related field
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar or related role
- Web publishing experience
- Experience managing communications through website planning, management and production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking
- Project management and organization skills
- Learns quickly and able to change in fast paced environment
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
Salary : Gh¢500 – 600