Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Our vision is to be the ‘Most consumed Digital service provider in urban areas.
Our overall vision for Millicom Africa is to have the 180 million people (in Sub Saharan Africa) connect to dream, work and achieve.
We provide services for people who want to stay in touch, belong to communities and to be informed and entertained, enabling them to express their emotions and enhance their lives
Job Title: Retail Sales Supervisors (Accra & Ashanti)
The Retail Sales Supervisors will be responsible for managing the company’s retail sales channels in assigned regions. The selected candidates will be required to liaise with the Retail Sales Managers in achieving strategic and operational goals.
- Preparing and submitting monthly itinerary on the last Friday of every (current) month;
- Visiting and managing the portfolio of POS/IE in assigned area with special focus on constant product & process update;
- Planning and following up on sales in partnership with dealer salesmen;
- Providing feedback to salesmen through coaching;
- Identifying market and trade opportunities;
- Developing and growing businesses in assigned zones, circuits and regions by recruiting, training and on-boarding mobile/retail agents;
- Identifying successful strategies for enhancing performance especially in areas of an agents’ weak performance;
- Identifying areas viable for new agents based on customer demand and business opportunity;
- Undertaking proper Channel management whiles ensuring agents understand the value proposition of the business and commission structures;
- Monitoring and auditing Agents to assess their quality of customer service via visitation and processes such as mystery shopping and escalating agent issues for resolution;
- Planning, executing and giving feedback on BTL (Below-The-Line) activities with external agencies.
- A university degree or equivalent, preferably in Business Administration/Marketing;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Sales and Distribution role/operations preferably in an FMCG;
- Experience working in distribution networks;
- Proficiency in I.T. applications such as Microsoft Office, Distribution Management Systems and MapInfo;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written English is essential;
- Ability to navigate relationships with local leaders in the territories;
- Good understanding of customer service and experience in trade branding and marketing;
- Experience in motivating people and explaining business rationale in simplified terms;
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Communicates with clarity, coherence and transparency.
During this recruitment process, the successful candidates will be required to undergo background verification processes i.e.(educational/employment references as well as criminal background checks).