Posted on :
25 Jul, 2016
25 Jul, 2016
Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Our vision is to be the ‘Most consumed Digital service provider in urban areas.
Our overall vision for Millicom Africa is to have the 180 million people (in Sub Saharan Africa) connect to dream, work and achieve.
We provide services for people who want to stay in touch, belong to communities and to be informed and entertained, enabling them to express their emotions and enhance their lives
Job Title: Development Manager
• The Development Manager will have complete ownership of the relationship between the Technology department and their dedicated portfolio of customers in the local operation. (S)He will be accountable for the entire life cycle of the multiple solutions under his/her responsibility, guaranteeing accuracy, quality and time line accomplishment.
• Leading and directing systems development and project management activities to deliver value to the business;
• Delivering end-to-end solutions for the organisation in consultation with the Regional Architects and work closely with Mobile Financial Services, Marketing (Consumer), Sales, Customer Operations (Including Billing Operations) and other business units in creating winning proposals and successfully delivering within budget and time with excellent quality;
• Planning, designing and implementing solutions and meeting standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection for information systems in collaboration with the regional architects and heads of other units;
• Defining time, costs and quality constraints and guiding technology and/or supplier to ensure integrity of the solution within these constraints;
• Complying with SOA architecture standards, continuously identifying areas of improvement in our Solutions Framework and taking initiatives to new approaches to optimise our existing processes;
• Identifying the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and designing elements contained in the system specification;
• Tracking all developments on the Tigo platform in a proper project plan/roadmap and submitting weekly/monthly updates on all developments that are ongoing to management in an agreed format;
• Interacting with various teams to gain market insights for new developments on the various platforms.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information Systems Engineer, IT Engineer, Network Systems Engineer);
• Post graduate qualification and/or courses in Software Architecture;
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years’experience in Software development (including PAAS/SAAS) and SOA Architecture in the IT industry (Telecommunication industry experience is prefered);
• Good understanding of project management principles and experience of managing projects;
• At least three (3) years of UML experience
• Experience in Business Processes in the Telecommunication industry (eTOM Model preferably);
• Proficiency in Agile, SDLC, or SLA;
• Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving problems.
• Proficiency in AWS and TDD is desired but not mandatory;
• Strong technical understanding of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), internet-related applications and technologies (JAVA/ .Net, Application servers, databases, Operating Systems, Content Management, networks);
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in processes and applications (Telecommunication industry experience is prefered).
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 20 July, 2016
When you join Tigo, you join a team where your skills, ideas and technical know-how can do more than contribute to the bottom-line. You’ll be exposed to enormous experience, great network and a workforce full of talents with youthful exuberance.
At Tigo we are all salesmen and we are responsible for our own development. We consider each vacancy as a development opportunity for Tigo Employees and we develop both the business and people together.