Posted on :
7 Jul, 2014
(a) To provide legal support to other functions in the business to achieve team targets and corporate goals in a timely and professional manner.
(b) To provide general legal advice and bring a commercial outlook to the law.
THE WAY WE WORK
You must be open-minded, passionate and the way you work must energises others. You must be committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You are expected to behave with integrity and transparency. You must lead by example and promote the “bottom-up” approach to work in line with Tigo’s work culture.
You will drive and be the key owner to the following responsibilities:
• Drafting and reviewing of contracts and documents on transactions affecting the business and participating in meetings and negotiations (where necessary) to ensure minimal exposure by the company to external parties.
• Reviewing and proactively identifying legislative, regulatory and other legal developments and threats that affects or could potentially affect existing and anticipated contractual arrangements.
• Preparation and circulation of monthly updates on legislative/legal developments to relevant internal stakeholders.
• Analysing commercial cases/issues affecting the company and advising on strategy, settlement, litigation or ADR as the case might require.
• Providing commercial legal opinions and following up on issues arising in consultation with the Head of Legal.
• Attending court hearings, meetings and workshops which have commercial legal implications affecting Millicom as requested by the Head of Legal.
• Assisting with any other legal work assigned by the Legal Manager.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
2. Qualifying Certificate in Law (admitted to practice in Ghana)
3. Minimum of 5years experience at the Bar and at least 2years experience working in a similar role.
• Ability to communicate, influence, and lead teams
• Should possess satisfactory interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and should be results oriented.
• Full ability to speak, read, and write in English language is a must
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here