Posted on :
16 Dec, 2016
16 Dec, 2016
Transmed is a full service distributor, managing and controlling the entire distribution value chain. Our services cover supply chain, logistics, distribution, sales and promotions with best in class execution.
Established in Lebanon since 1946, Transmed focused on the distribution of a very extensive range of Household and Personal Care Products from Procter & Gamble and Clorox, and in parallel developed the distribution of Food products starting with Mars confectionery range, and expanded it throughout the years to include McCain, Danone baby food, United Biscuits, Kellogg’s, Mondelez, Bahlsen, Perfetti, Siblou, Junior croissants, Castania kernels, Walkers biscuits as well as many other brands.
Job Title: Unit Manager
· Achieve his section’s sales and distribution targets by brand consistently both monthly and annually
· Sets stretched monthly sales and distribution targets by brand for his team, then reviews performance vs target on daily basis
· Spends at least 50% of his time in the field either randomly store checking or working with his team. All such field visits are to be fed back in action oriented contact reports.
· Has full ownership to uphold and update the coverage, journey plans, routes, and call frequency in his area and to ensure that they are being adhered to religiously by his team.
· Has full responsibility to track and record all hardware movements in his section (chillers, freezers, stands etc…). Moreover must regularly evaluate the hardware through puts to maximize the company’s return on assets and initiate reciting/relocation/retrieval of this hardware as and when necessary.
· Measures and enforces the implementation of all trade agreements in his section
· Maintains personal contacts with the key outlets in his area .He must have accessibility to top decision makers of his section’s accounts
· Upholds strictly the company’s credit policies and closely monitors and follows up on the timely and accurate collection of all outstanding amounts .He must ensure that overdue payments are to a minimum
· Consistently aims to reduce spending in his section without affecting sales or distribution primarily through reviewing regularly trade discounts and other investments vs sales/visibility outputs
· Implement all consumer promotions and trade initiatives immediately and perfectly then provide feedback and recommendations to further improve their effectiveness.
· Ensures his team is always informed of company policies, procedures and strategies as well as conduct regular meetings with his team for the purpose of training, coaching or other
· To be aware of and report regularly competitive activity supported with full documented proof
· Submit accurate, well investigated, and stretched mid month estimates to the Operation Manager
· Negotiate and close independently commercial agreements with the trade (retail and wholesale) in line with Company policy
· Prepare business reviews and present them to his customers in a professional manner and on regular basis
· Have clean up-to-date files for activities undertaken in his section
· Be a role model for his team in all aspects of integrity, ownership, professionalism, leadership and technical mastery. Must continuously motivate his team
· Have thorough knowledge of category management and its applications in the trade