Tropo Farms Limited is the leading aquaculture company in Ghana. It is the 2nd largest in Africa producing fresh tilapia right from the Volta Lake in Ghana.
Job Title: Aquaculture Feeding Supervisor
The Aquaculture Feeding Supervisor shall be responsible for supervising the entire feeding activities of his team. He/she shall have an oversight responsibility over a team of feeders.
- Supervision of feeding crew to deliver sufficient and timely feed to ensure that fishes are adequately fed in cost efficient manner.
- Ensures that the feeding crew at the feeding department is well conditioned to be sensitive and observant to changing eating habits of fishes and to administer appropriate responses.
- Constant familiarization with feeding protocols and fish stock data with the aim avoiding overfeeding or underfeeding.
- Monitors water quality through measurement of parameters thrice daily.
- Ensures proper removal, counting and recording of dead fingerlings from cages.
- Oversees to the availability of the right feed types and quantities on cages to be fed.
- Ensures that cages are fed to satiation without being under/overfed
- Calculates total feed intake and consumption against the given recommendations
- Oversees to the proper mixing of feeds additives before being fed to the fingerlings
- Ensures the right type of nets is use depending of fish sizes
- Ensure data accuracy
- Ensures equipment use by nursery team is well take care off (boats, safety material, feeding material, nets, etc…)
- Oversees every other department if required
Required Skills or Experience
Diploma or First University degree in Fisheries or Management.
Other relevant qualifications and skills
- Good supervisory and management skills.
- Ability to work with data and make good use of it will be an advantage.
- Good report writing skills.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should forward their applications and CVs to [email protected]