Posted on :
13 Dec, 2013
13 Dec, 2013
Tullow Ghana requires Operations Engineer for immediate employment. It is anticipated that the incumbent in this role will spend the majority of their time offshore on the FPSO
Technical Support for Offshore Operations Team to support production efficiency and reliability improvement.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
• Provide coaching, mentoring and support to local Engineering and Operations personnel to develop their operational skills and reduce their tolerance of failure.
• Provide analytical and troubleshooting expertise for identification of root causes for deferrals/trips, and to provide feedback to Onshore Ops and Engineering regarding optimisation processes
• Be a respected part of the O&M team to achieve maximum output in a remote area in West Africa with limited resources.
• Provide data input into the Asset Integrity KPIs and support Asset Integrity and Process reliability improvements through analysis of key performance metrics, identification and implementation of improvement opportunities.
• Undertake analysis and investigation of plant trips and deferrals to generate actions for plant/process improvement.
• Support Operations team in process optimisation and improvement processes.
• Review Maintenance practices and results to identify opportunities for maintenance improvement.
• Support Maintenance department in developing “fit for purpose” maintenance plans to minimise equipment downtime and maximize availability.
• Provide “first up” analysis and support for review of compromised Safety Critical Equipment (SCE), failed SCE assurance tasks etc. in support of Case to Operate process
• Provide coaching and mentoring to local engineers and O+M contract staff around reliability improvement and root cause analysis.
• Recommend technical solutions to problems arising from facilities, maintenance and subsea.
• Provide any on the job training as required to support the Company’s training program. Review on a monthly basis each new employee’s handover/progress report and comment on the individual’s strength’s and weaknesses.
• Provide input into Hazid, Hazop and Risk Assessment processes for vessel activities.
• Implement Company safety policy and make safety his own responsibility and maintain standards throughout the FPSO.
• Be aware of and uphold company policy regarding “Health, Safety and Environment.
• Promote the Safety Case as a live document eg use for training purposes, discussions at Safety meetings.
• Report all near misses and incidents – carry out NOI investigations keeping TGL EHS department informed.
• Contribute to Company philosophy that represents the mindset and actions to achieve zero incidents, zero spills while achieving company targeted uptime.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSC or equivalent in Engineering discipline.
• experience in upstream Oil & Gas environment
• Troubleshooting, Root Cause analysis
• Breadth of understanding of a range of engineering disciplines Challenging, tenacious.
• Culturally sensitive and keen to develop national staff into responsible roles as the organisation is developed.
• Analytical. Personable.
• Mentoring and training capabilities
• High level maintenance and operational skills honed in national and international roles. Overseas and African experience beneficial.
• High level communication skills – verbal and written
• HSE aware
• Technically and commercially credible, open and honest
• Managerial and supervisory experience of operations & maintenance staff
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Closing Date: 30 December, 2013