Posted on :
21 Jan, 2014
21 Jan, 2014
Tullow Oil plc, through its subsidiary, Tullow Ghana Limited, has interests in two exploration blocks in Ghana – Deepwater Tano and West Cape Three Points. Tullow is the operator of the Jubilee field, which straddles both blocks, and lies approximately 60 kilometres off the coast of Ghana. The Jubilee field was discovered in 2007 and First Oil was celebrated on 15 December 2010 following first initial production in November. In addition to Jubilee, the Tweneboa-Enyenra-Ntomme fields have been discovered in the Deepwater Tano licence and in May 2013 the Plan of Development for the fields was approved by the Government of Ghana.
Tullow Ghana recruits Senior Contracts Advisor
• Support the Wells Engineering operational teams in the development & execution of their procurement strategies, the composition and issue of invitations to tender, bid evaluations, contract negotiations, preparation and award of the final contracts.
• Post award administration and reporting, contractor performance management.
• Support the development of Local Content plans and initiatives working with the local/regional Local Content Managers.
Responsibilities /Key Objectives:
• Develops & implements relevant procurement strategies.
• Works with the delivery teams to identify and deliver Local Content opportunities through contracts.
• Reviews specifications and scopes of work and further develops these into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent.
• Develops, compiles and conducts pre-qualification exercises, invitation to tender, tender openings and evaluation of tenders, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, exceptions and deviations.
• Ensures governance and compliance obligations are fully addressed and documented through out the procurement process.
• Oversees administration of contracts through to close out.
• Addresses variations and claims with contractors.
• Provides support to contract owners or budget holders in support of the contract management process.
• Provides regular management reports on activities.
• Drives the Supplier Performance Management agendas and supports the operational teams in the performance review process.
• Undertakes other duties within his or her capability or qualification level as may be reasonably required.
• In accordance with the appropriate Delegation of Authority.
Qualification Required and Experience
Experience and Education:
• Demonstrable experience in formulation and negotiation of contracts and complete understanding of the legal and commercial issues associated with contracts.
• Prefer knowledge of Wells Engineering (Drilling and Completions) procurement in the Oil & Gas industry with substantive exposure to all disciplines and issues within the associated supply chain.
• International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment and experience working on complex projects.
• Proven experience of negotiating complex contracts is paramount.
• Preferred degree level in a business, engineering or management related subject and CIPS.
• Formulating, evaluating, negotiating & executing complex contracts.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proven capabilities to perform as a team player.
• Report construction and writing; engagement of peers & contractors to do the same.
• English language and numeracy skills. High level of competency in MS Word and Excel.
• Commercially aware with sound business acumen.
• Establishes priorities and works independently with minimal direction.
• Collaborative with good communications and interpersonal skills.
• Seeks input from other functions and disciplines as required.
• Works to required timelines.
• Consistent with ethical business practices and regulatory requirements and committed to actively participate in Compliance & Ethical workshops and training as well as regular updates as directed.
• Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Is prepared to work in a manner that ensures the safety and health of all and minimises environmental impacts by following established statutory and corporate EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Is committed to participate in EHS awareness and training programs when required.
• Promptly reports any unsafe act or condition, environmental or health hazard, injury, illness or near miss witnessed to immediate supervisor or site in charge. Participate in STOP initiative(s) or similar
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Closing Date: 04 February, 2014
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and lasting relationship. We strive to recruit the best candidate for any position in Tullow and this goal is underpinned by our attractive market-based remuneration and employment policies