The Ubuntu Capital Group is a leading global investment and advisory firm focused on designing and implementing integrated innovative investment solutions optimizing projects socio-economic returns. We provide a wide range of high quality financial and banking services to a large and diverse client base including various corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
We devote specific attention to project ecosystems and promote equitable investments mechanisms across the value chain.
With over 20 years in investment on most prominent and innovative transactions in Africa closing deals in 26 countries, we have used our experience to propose Financial Engineering Solutions that are adapted to our clients, partners and investors needs. Our focus is to ensure a win-win scenario to secure sustainable and substantial returns for shareholders and stakeholders.
We provide advisory services and co-investment opportunities to create synergies between local and international partners. These synergies are based on value added reviews of financial capabilities, local industry expertise, culture alignment and market reputation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise the day to day operational functions of the branch; overseeing teller and customer service duties; and assisting with customer transactions.
- Perform pre-audits to identify & mitigate operational risk and to ensure ongoing adherence with compliance procedures.
- Approve customer and bank transactions within authority limits.
- Be knowledgeable about all deposit, business, and consumer loan products.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the facility. Ensure that all security procedures are strictly followed, branch is operationally sound, and satisfactory audits are achieved.
- Collaborate in the hiring, training and retention of staff.
- Supervise, coach, and develop staff regarding service expectations, policies, procedures, products,systems and banking transactions.
- Facilitate regular employee meetings to discuss goals, disseminate company information, discussoperational issues, etc.
- Responsible for growing customer base; consumer and business relationships through internal and external marketing programs.
- Develop and grow business and consumer relationships.
- Maintain staff schedules to provide adequate coverage at all times.
- Prepare performance appraisals and disciplinary notices as needed.
- Maintain good public relations with customers and the community. A
- Managing difficult situations with customers and providing them with a resolution, information or additional options. Ensure that quick and proper response to all reasonable customer requests.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Be well organized and pay close attention to details.
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex customer and employee issues.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills required to manage, motivate, and develop branch employees required.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels.As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs,customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Proven success in customer service and in the development of strong customer relationships.
- Knowledge of all types of services, including consumer, business lending, and credit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Organisation exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and high degree of accuracy.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
Minimum of first degree in Finance, Business Administration, Marketing or related field. 2 years working experience in a similar role.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and CV to [email protected]