The University of Health and Allied Sciences, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative positions listed below, to take effect from 1st November, 2016.
Job Title: Director of Research Services
Reporting to: Vice Chancellor
The successful candidate will support the Vice-Chancellor to ensure that the research mandate of the University is fulfilled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director shall develop policies for research and oversee of the following:
- Research Management;
- Outreach and Extension;
- Publications; and
- Fund Raising.
The Director shall specifically have the responsibility to:
- Provide leadership, supervise and motivate his/her team to deliver set goals and targets;
- Developing systems, processes and structures to manage research
- Develop and lead effective strategies for fund raising for research;
- Set standards and ensure effective dissemination of high quality research output;
- Set, prioritize and meet targets that will drive UHAS’s research enterprise;
- Foster industry-University relations for mutual benefit;
- Ensure the professional development of assigned staff in order to be abreast with current trends and policies in research management;
- Promote the development of faculty capability and capacity to deliver high quality research output; and
- Undertake any other responsibilities as specified by the Vice-Chancellor
- The candidate shall be of the rank of at least a Deputy Registrar or eligible for appointment as such.
- Must have a good postgraduate degree, with not less than ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in Research Management.
- In addition, the applicant must have:
- considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues;
- high-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
- experienced research manager with proven research management record evidenced by number of research projects managed, He/she must also possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- demonstrated experience/technical knowledge in developing and implementing research related policies;
- experience in working collaboratively to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the donor community;
- strong managerial skills especially in research management.
The person appointed Director of Research Services shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Health and Allied Sciences, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (Hard copy); or [email protected] (Soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application Form (UAB 2): Senior Level Administrative Positions
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates.
- A statement of up to 3-pages indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, 29th August, 2016.