Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian Nationals for the post of Senior Driver (General Service Category).
VN No.: VN-11-29 Post Level: GS-3
IMIS #: 1911 Duty Station: Accra
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment Duration: 1 year renewable
Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistants drives the Representative’s vehicle and assist in the management of drivers and vehicles.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives Representative and other high-ranking officials and performs protocol, routine and/or other task assigned by the Representative or designated official.
- Meets officials at the Airport and facilitate Immigration/Customs formalities
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., reports promptly to the Supervisor any defects/faults on the vehicle, performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean; ensures safety and custody of vehicle including tools, etc on it
- Assists Administrative Assistant on transport management; control and supervise usage of vehicles, fuel consumption, other lubricants, servicing/maintenance, travel schedules, Logging of official trips, monthly mileage reports, etc.
- Assists in the selection of drivers for official trips from the carpooling system
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident
- Stands in for supervisor in his/her absence concerning management of drivers and vehicles
Required Skills or Experience
- Middle School Leaving Certificate
- Professional Driving License
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Knowledge of auto mechanics desirable
- Four years continuous safe driving as a professional driver
- Fluency in English required. Another UN language is an asset
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required):
- Communication (I)
- Working with People (I)
- Drive for Results (I)
Functional Competencies (Required)
- Analysing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
- Planning and Organising (I)
- Learning and Researching (I)
How To Apply
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children and match the profile outlines, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, UN Personal History form (which can be downloaded from http://www.unicef.org/about/employ) and photocopies of other supporting document to:
The Human Resources Officer
P. O. Box 5051
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NOTE: UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offer valid till: 26 Sep, 2011