Posted on :
17 May, 2016
17 May, 2016
The University for Development Studies (UDS) was established in May 1992 by PNDC Law 279 to blend the academic world with that of the community in order to provide constructive and meaningful interaction between the two for the total Development of Northern Ghana, in particular, and Ghana as whole. It began academic work in September 1993 with the first batch of thirty-nine (39) students admitted into the Faculty of Agriculture, (FOA), Nyankpala.
The University’s principal objective is to address and find solutions to the environmental problems and socio-economic deprivations that have characterized northern Ghana in particular and are also found in some rural areas throughout the rest of the country.
Accordingly, UDS consciously and systematically run programmes that are targeted to prepare the individuals to establish their own careers in specialized areas. Further it equips these practitioners with requisite knowledge to enable them to live and function in any deprived community in the country.
Company: University for Development Studies
Category: Education / Training
Job status: Full-Time
Job expires: 20 May-2016
• The Librarian is the Head of the University’s Library.
• He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in the discharge of his/her duties
• He/She is responsible for building the University’s resources and services to create a modern library in response to teaching, research, and learning of all the academic programs of the University
• He/She is responsible for providing professional and administrative leadership to the University’s Library System
• He/She is responsible for implementing decisions taken by the Library Board.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A higher/research degree in Librarianship/Information Studies;
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification working experience in Librarianship in a University or Research analogous Institution
• A minimum of five (5) years experience as a Deputy Librarian in a University or Analogous Institution;
• Have solid skills in Library-related IT Infrastructure and system.
• Must have wide practical experience in Librarianship.
• Have strong knowledge of Library Management and evidence of the ability to create and lead academic library.
• Must be able to work for a minimum of five (5) years before attaining the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
How To Apply For The Job
• Interested candidate(s) should present three (3) copies of their applications together with curriculum vitae, publications and other relevant documents;
• Candidates should also include names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees, who should be requested by the candidate to forward their confidential reports to the address below;
• In addition, candidates applying for the position of a Librarian should send a brief statement of their vision for the University for Development Studies’ Library and the strategies for achieving this in not more than two pages of A4 size paper.
• Completed forms and necessary documents should be Sent to:
University for Development Studies
P.O. Box TL 1350
Closing Date: 20 May, 2016