Posted on :
28 Oct, 2016
28 Oct, 2016
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Job Title: Regional Coordinator
USAID/Ghana Systems for Health, Regional Coordinator
• Local Hire Only
• Hours: Full Time
• Location: Ghana: Accra, Cape Coast, Ho, Takoradi (one position in each location)
• Length of Contract: One (1) year, renewable
• Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
• Reports to: Chief of Party or his/her delegate
Division & Project Overview
• USAID/Ghana Systems for Health Project will support improved, sustainable health-service delivery by strengthening systems vital to ensure access and quality while mobilizing communities and building public-private partnerships (PPPs) to maximize coverage. University Research Co., LLC (URC) and its international and Ghanaian partners share the vision that, by 2019, Ghana’s health systems will be sufficiently robust that the Government of Ghana and its health workforce, in direct partnership with the communities they serve, will be able to sustain equitable access to, demand for, and use of high-quality, high-impact health services with reduced external support, especially in the five regions targeted by Systems for Health. URC brings recognized expertise in applying evidence-based quality improvement approaches to accelerate the achievement of high impact health and social outcomes. We stand ready to provide technical expertise in malaria, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, quality improvement, and management strengthening.
• USAID funded Ghana Systems for Health Project is seeking an experienced Regional Coordinator.
• Under the supervision of the Chief of Party or his/her delegate, the Regional Coordinator will represent the office in the specified region. S/he will be the point person to coordinate and implement activities. S/he will supervise the regional office staff and oversee the administrative, financial and logistic function of the regional office. S/he will work closely with all stakeholders to provide on-the-ground technical support for implementation and coordination of lower-level activities in order to ensure and reinforce linkages between technical activities; integrate cross-cutting areas into programs; and foster national-to-regional and region-to-region collaborations. S/he will support the documentation and/or publication of activities and sharing of lessons learned and best practices. In addition, s/he will write progress reports according to USAID requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day functions of the regional team (administrative, financial, and logistic).
• Work closely with the teams at the Accra office (technical, program, and logistics) and support the Accra office with implementation of activities at the regional level.
• Participate in the implementation of work-plan activities at the regional level.
• Facilitate communication between the regional office and the Accra office.
• Represent the project during work groups at the regional, district, sub-district, and community levels and with the staff at the primary health facilities.
• Act as the focal liaison person between the regional offices and the Accra office.
• Report on the activities of the regional office in a timely manner.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in public health, medicine, management, education or related field
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in a similar role as a senior-level manager
• Previous experience working for USAID-funded health projects
• Strong knowledge of Ghana Health System preferred
• Excellent planning, management and organizational skills
• Proven leadership skills, including effective skills in developing interpersonal relationships, negotiations, and conflict management
• Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills
• Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Location: Accra, Cape Coast, Ho, Takoradi
How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter to:-
email@example.com Indicating “Regional Coordinator” and region (Northern, Western, Central, Greater Accra, or Volta) in the subject line.
Closing Date: 05 November, 2016
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the experience & qualifications required for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce Minimum Qualifications
Thank you very much for your interest.