Posted on :
22 Sep, 2016
22 Sep, 2016
Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, AngloGold Ashanti has a globally diverse, world-class portfolio of operations and projects. AngloGold Ashanti is the third-largest gold mining company in the world, measured by production. It has 17 mines gold mines in 9 countries, as well as several exploration programmes in both the established and new gold producing regions of the world.
AngloGold Ashanti produced 3.95Moz of gold in 2015, generating $4.02bn in gold income, utilising $857mn capital expenditure. AngloGold Ashanti has an attributable Ore Reserve of 51.7Moz of gold and an attributable Mineral Resource of 207.80Moz.
Job Title: Senior Manager – Security
• The purpose of this role is for the development, implementation and improvement of all security subsystems and processes from Global, Corporate and Regional systems, including modem security technologies and processes provided for effective and efficient security management subsystems.
• Included in these security management subsystems are surveillance. investigations and protection of safe operations of the company and its assets.
• Research, design and implement best practice for the Iduapriem security function to contribute to the strategic objectives of the business.
• Design systems and processes to ensure protection of lives and assets and reputational risk of Iduapriem mine.
• Ensure 100% protection of all the Mine site areas – sites pertaining to gold bearing materials (GBM), unauthorised access on mine concessions/company assets/raw materials, etc.
• Implementation and continuous improvement of Corporate Security and Surveillance systems to enable the operational transactional security processes required for the country, e.g., identifying, managing and evaluating the threats and vulnerability of the company, managing the risk to company assets, including personnel, property and information of the company.
• Design, align and ensure the implementation of the Corporate, Continental Africa Region and Ghana Security Projects and Programmes, ensuring a safe security and surveillance management approach to processes required to achieve the company’s objectives.
• Provide monthly, quarterly and annual security reports for Corporate Intelligence purpose.
• Plan and deploy security resources within the framework approved at Corporate, to ensure the delivery of all strategic initiatives within budget and time frame agreed.
• To establish and maintain contact with Government Security Intelligence, Police, Armed Forces, Commercial and Private Security organisations.
• To develop contingency plans to counteract the effect of any security incidents or emergency in order to minimise potential damage to company asset.
• To manage the contracts of relevant service providers for the security division.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement (including policing, forensic investigations, criminal investigations and criminal law). Postgraduate degree in Industrial Psychology, Sociology or Humanities would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of working experience in Mining Security, Surveillance and Intelligence Agencies of National or International Industrial Establishments of which three (3) years should have been at a Senior Management Level.
• In-depth knowledge of modem security systems
• Capability to manage across different areas of professional practices.
• An experienced people-manager, with high levels of leadership skills.
• Ability to inspire, motivate and reassure staff.
• Ability to assess risks and recommend appropriate action and/or solution.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Fiday, 30th September. 2016:
The Senior Manager-Human Resources
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P.O. Box 283
Closing Date: 30 September, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview.