Posted on :
10 Aug, 2016
10 Aug, 2016
CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects.
To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of a
Job Title: Regional Executive Officer
The Regional Executive Assistant position exists to maximise the effective and efficient operation of CARE West Africa Regional Management Team’s (RMT) areas of responsibilities by providing professional administrative and communication support and facilitating necessary action. The Regional Executive Assistant is charged with coordinating and managing the activities of the Regional Management Team (RMT). These activities include preparing written and verbal communication; coordinating regional and international events, prepare and monitor regional calendars and assist in travel arrangements; drafting correspondence, reports and summaries of events.. A key responsibility will be to serve as liaison between RMT, Country Offices, external constituencies, CARE International members and to manage information flow between them.
• Complement and coordinate the agreed administrative supports from current host CARE Office teams in Ghana and Mali
• Lead on the organization and planning for bi-annual face to face meetings and Monthly WebEx calls of Regional Leadership Team (RLT)
• Organize RMT bi-monthly Skype Calls and Bi-annual NO FLY Weeks
• Assist in Travel plans and flight arrangements
• Prepare visuals for meetings and meeting reports, talking points and other type of internal communication materials.
• Prepare and disseminate minutes from West Africa Regional Management Unit (WARMU) main events such as RLTs, Program meetings including Annual Operating Plans discussions etc.
• Drafting and managing correspondence
• Establish and maintain filing and records management systems to maximise information flow
• Assist RMT to schedule appointments with key external stakeholders with required action plans
• Anticipate and prepare research and briefing papers in advance of appointments and presentations. Draft subsequent correspondence and follow up
• Compiles meetings\workshops documentation and provides background documents for the RMT
• Prepare first draft of selected documents, letters and reports – proofread work produced ; edit and review documents drafted by others for dissemination by Regional Director (RD)
• Manage information flow amongst RMT colleagues and with external constituencies to ensure timely responses and follow up, Maintain regional events calendar and good documentation
• In order to reach out to a wider audience the Executive Assistant will manage and increase CARE’s presence on social media websites including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Assist with the production of annual reports, newsletters, blogs, website and intranet content.
• Compose and edit website and intranet content in collaboration with the RD and the Regional Strategic Partnerships Director (RSPD)
• Create and develop PowerPoint presentations for staff members to present at events, will assist with coordinating and/or facilitating video/photo opportunities.
• Manage the West Africa Village Homepage including managing the RMT calendar, upload and circulate relevant documents, maintain visibility of the page to the wider CARE world
• Produce the quarterly Was UP Newsletter with support from the Regional Communication Champions
• Maintenance of paper and electronic filing systems for the RMT and Ensure scheduling and coordinate regular RMU meetings
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in Administration and Communication or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
• Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience in administrative work.
• Previous experience working with an NGO or a development organization will be an added advantage
• Fully bilingual – Fluency in both English and French with Excellent written and spoken , good grammar, spelling and strong team player
• Should exercise high level of interpersonal skills. excellent organisation skills, trust, confidentiality
• Ability to use one’s judgment and to collect, synthesise and report information including recommendations for action
• Good computer skills, including writing web site programs
• Good communication skill, knowledge and proven experience
• Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills, Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction.
• Ability to multi task and work within deadlines, Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including excel, word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software), Good knowledge of Administration systems and practice, policies and procedures
• Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills and ability to work independently
• Strong problem solving, analytical, operational and coordinating abilities
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:-
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing Date: 23 August, 2016
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY