Posted on :
29 Jul, 2016
29 Jul, 2016
The Private Sector Malaria Prevention Project (PSMP) is a two-year project funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and implemented by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP). The project is designed to increase commercial sector distribution of LLINs through market channels.
The goals of the project are to design and implement a workplace/employer-based subsidized LLIN distribution program, to design and pilot-test an activity to increase commercial sector distribution of LLINs through market channels, and to design and implement an advocacy campaign to promote greater and more substantive engagement of the private sector in LLIN distribution.
Private Sector Malaria Prevention (PSMP) Project is a UK Department for international Development (DFID) funded public health project managed by the Johns Hopkins Bloombery School of Public Health Center For communication programmes (JHU-CCP).
The PSMP projct aims to use innovative approaches to develop a private sector market for long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs) in Ghana. The project includes the use of customer subsidies for LLIN as well as a marketing communication component to stimulate demand for LLIN. The primary goal of PSMP is to establish long-term capacity for Ghanaian households to affordable access LLIN. The primary goal of PSMP is to establish long-term capacity for Ghanaian households to affordable access LLIN to prevent malaria in their families and communities. The project duration is 3 years.
The project has a range of vacancies and is inviting interested and qualified Ghanaians and residents of Ghana to apply.
Job Title: Social Marketing Communication and Private Sector Relations Manager
• The social Marketing Communication and Private Sector Relations Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation of PSMP’s social marketing communication strategy and managing agreements with media agencies.
• Responsibilities also include collaborating and coordinating with net manufacturers to roll out brand-specific communication aligned with PSMP’s strategy.
• The social marketing communication and private sector relations manager will recruit, in collaboration with the relevant programme officers, at least twenty large, private sector employers to adopt PSMP strategy to make LLINs available to their staff. The position reports to the Project Director through the Senior Technical Advisor (BCC and Advocacy).
• Work closely with the PSMP Senior Technical Advisor (BCC & Advocacy) and the Programme Officer, based in Baltimore, to plan and design PSMP’s project identity and communication strategy
• Develop and execute an integrated communication strategy that effectively presents the project to the target audiences, businesses, government health nd education official and other stakeholders
• Develop marketing communication to promote and create demand for LLINs
• Select and collaborate with media agencies to develop and disseminate communication materials to the intended audiences
• Liaise with net manufacturers to develop and roll out brand-specific promotional communication materials
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication or related field. Eight years related experience and demonstrated reliability in a professional environment
• Strong understanding of and implementation experience with marketing principles.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in the English language.
• Good negotiation skills and experience in relationship marketing
• Must be able to work well in a team.
• Must be able to effectively interact with external vendors
• Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication or related field
• Experience in developing a communication strategy/communication programmes, campaigns and materials
• Experience working on a donor-funded project, for non-governmental organisations and in the private sector.
• Hands-on experience in developing and implementing results-oriented marketing and communication plans
How to Apply For the Job
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and references to:
Indicate the position of which you are applying ni the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 08 August, 2016