Posted on :
14 Jul, 2016
14 Jul, 2016
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good, bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
Job Title: Security Guard (Office/Residential)
The Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING) project is a 5-year integrated project funded by the USAID Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative and is designed to contribute to Government of Ghana (GoG) efforts to sustainably improve livelihoods and nutritional status of households in Ghana.
Reporting Relationship: Logistics Officer
• Maintains safe and secure environment for visitors, employees, and expatriate staff by patrolling and monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Patrol office/residential premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Call police or Ghana National Fire Service in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
• Answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when office/residency is closed.
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
• Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
• Making sure that all doors and windows are locked; all powers are turns off and turn the Alarm system after the employees leave the office.
• Assist in the office maintenance and stay with any outsider workers as Plumbers or carpenters…)
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties at USAID/RING.USAID/RING reserves the right to change and update the position descriptions at any time.
Qualification Required & Experience
Guard Skills and Qualifications
• Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills
• A minimum of 2 years experience in Security Related environment.
• Must be SHS/Diploma certificate holder or any relevant certificate.
• Ex-servicemen and females are encouraged to apply
How To Apply For The Job
Please, send your applications with cvs to the following address:-
Applicants must quote the job title as indicated in the advert.
Closing Date: 27 July, 2016