Vodafone Group plc is a British multinational telecommunications company, with headquarters in London. It predominiantly operates services in the regions of Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. Among mobile operator groups globally, Vodafone ranked fifth by revenue and second (behind China Mobile) in the number of connections (435.9 million) as of 2014.
Job Title: Network Strategy Engineer
Formulate and drive Vodafone Ghana Strategic Plans (short, mid and long range) for the Network in line with business forecasts, align with Vodafone Group strategic guidelines and also translate business requirements into functional projects, design architecture and manage network and capacity demands.Keyy Accountabilities:-
- Network Strategy: Create Vodafone Ghana strategic plans and roadmaps for Radio Access (GSM/UMTS/LTE/Wi-Fi); Transport, Core etc in line with Vodafone Group strategic guidelines.
- Network Architecture: Conduct a high level business case for architectural initiatives and translate them into developmental projects, trials, implementable plans; solutions/topology and design support
- Budget and Business KPIs: Long term budget forecast preparation (3 -5 years) for radio access network; spectrum holding costing; INTP, ODNP, 5+7, 9+15 reporting
- Business Continuity Planning: define business requirements for Business Continuity Planning across network domain
- Operational Excellence: Ensure platforms and systems consolidation; energy savings initiatives
Must Have Technical / Professional Qualifications
- University degree in Electrical, Electronic or Telecom Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 5 or more years’ experience in telecoms network with at least 3 years in a radio planning and systems function
- Strong background and experience in creation of both short range and long range Network Strategy and Plans
Excellent knowledge in mobile & fixed networks design methodologies
- Excellent knowledge in mobile technologies and evolution into converged network
- Strong Strategic Vision, takes initiative and very innovative
- Have strong decision making skills and the ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of network architecture and interfaces