Vodafone Ghana, formerly Ghana Telecom, is the national telecommunications company of Ghana. In 2006, it had around 400,000 customers for fixed and mobile telephony and Internet services
Job Title: Solution Analyst
This role will focus on identifying (with other stakeholders in and out of Commercial) the requirements of the commercial function in regard to projects. The Solutions Analyst will validate and document such needs and then generate the necessary specifications required to ensure that solution developers have an accurate and complete picture of what Commercial’s needs are. He or she will also need to work with stakeholders in the Commercial area to implement the applications developed through this process and to project manage the relevant work streams associated with these initiatives. He or she will be responsible for understanding the scope and intent of such projects and determining the impact on the Commercial function.
- Understands the business landscape and challenges of a Commercial division
- Lead business requirements gathering, analysis and documentation of workflows, processes and procedures within the Commercial division.
- Create documentation to enable development of solutions to business problems, including process maps, model diagrams, business requirements, business rules, user stories, user flows, and acceptance tests.
- Interview business counterparts to effectively draw out and articulate the business need/problem/ opportunity to be addressed. Provide scaled options for implementation based on the business need.
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for the commercial division.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with client personnel and internal stakeholders to identify required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to stakeholders such as development, PMO
- Manage the day-to-day operations of commercial Intranet, including updates, maintenance, and on-going development.
- Oversee and coordinate content management and user experience, and create and maintain a consistent Web site architectural structure.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across the Web site by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout, and creating appropriate templates to assist content authors.
- Find, diagnose, and fix Web site problems, including broken links (both internal and external), typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies.
- Propose and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of systems, website usability and functionality.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on site traffic
Bachelors/Equivalent degree in Information Technology/Computer Science Marketing/Engineering/Business or other relevant discipline at a minimum
English – FluentLocal language – Conversational
Experience / Skill Requirements
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a capability to adjust to multiple tasks while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Strategic mindset and ability to outline and validate the technology framework and roadmap that meets the business needs of Commercial
- Proven ability to design and develop data-driven business solutions as well as web applications
- Advanced knowledge of SQL programming and databases e.g., Access, MySQL
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages e.g., Python, Perl, VBA etc
- Must be able to visualize and present the benefits of automated solutions to people from a variety of backgrounds
- Experience in data and systems analytics supporting a CRM/sales automation/business intelligence system
- Experience in sales and marketing processes