Job Opportunity: Manager Corporate Communication
he Northern Electricity Distribution Company (NEDCo), a subsidiary of the Volta River Authority, whose mission is to procure electricity and distribute it efficiently, safely and reliably in the northern sector of Ghana in a commercially viable manner.
The Volta River Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaian for the position of Manager, Corporate Communication in its General Services Department.
Deliver a first class service for all internal and external communications designed to present and maintain a positive public image of the Authority.
The successful candidate will be required, among others, to:
- Plan and write high quality corporate annual Report and ensure design and production appeal
- Serve as Editor of the Employee Newsletter
- Write, design, update and produce forward looking Business Reports (Corporate brochures, magazines, feature articles etc)
- Plan and organise Trade Fairs and Exhibitions nationally and internationally
- Plan and organise corporate events – anniversaries, open day ceremonies, etc
- Provide protocol, travel services, photographic, video coverage and documentaries and guided tours for corporate facilities
- Provide leadership for Areas in Community Relations
- Provide relevant, promotional informational content for the corporate website, with regular updates
- Provide suggestions to management for actions to address issues identified
- Strong stake holder relations
Remuneration: The successful candidate should look forward to maximum job satisfaction with a highly competitive compensation package.
Required Skills or Experience
The right candidate must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Humanities or Social Sciences
- A Master’s Degree in Communication Studies/Post Graduate Diploma or related field of study
- A minimum of 10 years experience in professional public relations practice
- Must have practical and expert understanding of relevant regulatory, business, political and cultural environment
- Ability to identify issues, assess risks and controls
- Must have superior communication, leadership, organisational, interpersonal, written, verbal, analytical, negotiation and networking skills, with a strong ability to write, edit and to undertake research
- Be able to respond or work under pressure to fulfill statutory obligations and deadlines
How To Apply
Interested applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience may apply, giving detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of their certificates, together with testimonials from two referees, both of whom must be professionally connected with their work, and a contact telephone number, to reach the:
Director, Human Resources
Volta River Authority
P. O. Box M77
Closing date: 17th February, 2012