Posted on :
15 Jun, 2016
15 Jun, 2016
A Mining Company based in the Western Region of Ghana is looking for a suitably qualified Ghanaian as Plant Manager for a vacant position in its crushing plant.
Job Title: Plant Manager
• The Plant Manager will be responsible for all Personnel, Processing Operations and Maintenance and Servicing of the Equipment at its Processing Plants Department.
• You ensure that plant equipment meet the required Mechanical and Electrical availability as outlined in the company’s production plan to enhance Production performance.
• All works need to happen within the framework provided by the operating plan and budget as well as company policies on Health, Safety and the environment.
The duties include the following but not limited to:
• Ensure that you and your department meet the company’s health, Safety and Environmental targets. Ensure that all work practices in your department comply with the health and safety regulations and that required Safety equipment is being used
• Ensure that required Mechanical / electrical and production targets are met within agreed budgets and forecasts. Responsible for the organisation, planning, scheduling of production and maintenance with the aim of achieving higher plant and engineering availability to ensure a greater plant Utilisation, while reducing production cost per ton
• Keeping an accurate log of event, faults, requiring immediate remedy and reporting
• Ensuring that Operators and Maintenance Staff follow Safety practice in the discharge of their duties
• Co-coordinating day-to-day operations, running, planning and schedule work for staff
• Institute an effective maintenance program for the Plant. Also preparing and submitting daily and monthly operation and maintenance management reports
• Assume responsibility for the implementation of all approved projects in the department to ensuring timely completion within approved budgets. Managing, coaching and developing of personnel in the department to ensure availability and sufficient skills within and development of future Managers
• Organise and up-date spares parts inventory and advice management of any short falls. Actively seek ways to optimize inventory levels while minimizing air freight costs
Qualification Required & Experience
• A holder of first degree in mechanical Engineering with proven 10 years’ experience in Plant Operations and maintenance will be preferred.
• Engineering Manager’s Certification as prescribed by the Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission is a must
Location: Western Region
How To Apply For The Job
If you meet the above requirements and qualifications, then do not hesitate to submit your CV and a cover letter to the following contacts making reference to this advertisement:
Or Mail to:
No. 10,3rd Circular Road,
Or call: 0209-057370
Closing Date: 08 July, 2016