Posted on :
1 Dec, 2016
1 Dec, 2016
WaterAid Ghana is looking for a Head of Finance and IT to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the Finance and IT Department, you will be reporting to the Country Director. You will take responsibility and provide strategic leadership of the financial and IT function of WaterAid Ghana, whilst ensuring effective application of WaterAid financial and IT policies and procedures in collaboration with members of the Senior Management Team and WaterAid UK.
Job Title: Head of Finance and IT
Key Roles and responsibilities include:
• Continue to strategic leadership of the CP as part of Senior Management Team (SMT) and implementation of the country strategy programme
• Provide strategic financial advice in line with current programme designs, business plans and projects with the formulation
• Provide top level financial support to SMT in relation to financial policies, budget and plans
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other SMT members to understand their financial support requirements, co-ordinate appropriate responses and ensure implementation of finance policies and support
• Lead and assist SMT with financial forecasting for relevant, accurate and timely financial forecasts
2) Financial & Risk Management
• Lead them to high level risk analysis and risk management
• Partner with Senior Management to develop annual operating plans and forecasts
• Provide leadership in monitoring and reporting on financial risks
• Lead and guide the Finance team in ensuring assessment of partners financial management ability and support in building their capacity to develop internal financial systems
• Supporting and influencing budget holders to monitor all operational financial risks
• Maintain up to date knowledge of financial legislation and good practice to ensure that the country programme complies with all legal requirements and proactively stays at the forefront of financial management practice
• Develop, implement and maintain financial management procedures, systems, transactions across the country programme and to ensure compliance with WaterAid’s overall policies.
3) Compliance & Legislation
• Knowledge of government policies, regulations and legislation on financial management, taxation and international donor reporting requirements
• Facilitate and co-ordinate both internal and external audits and lead the development and implementation of action plans based on audit recommendations, monitoring progress on achievements
• Ensure relevant reconciliation, accurate financial reports and timely audits in accordance with WaterAid and donor requirements
• Provide and consolidate financial information for management accounts to support financial decision-making.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s degree in Finance and fully completed professional accounting qualification/certification with CA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent.
• 7 to 10 years post qualification experience, of which at least 5 must be in senior management
• IT literate and excellent knowledge and skills in computer based accounting systems including SUN and Vision, and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to think strategically with excellent planning, prioritization skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Methodical, organised and able to work to high audit-able standards
• Excellent (proven) interpersonal (oral and written) communication skills
• Discretion in handling of confidential information and commitment to WaterAid’s values, approaches and ways of work.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their applications (letter of interest and resume) via email to:
Closing Date: 06 December, 2016