Contractor/Consultant Jobs West Africa Fair Fruit
- SPECIFIC TASKS FOR THE CONSULTANT
- Develop appropiate methodology for data collection and review indicators and data collection instruments (focusing on requirements of the UTZ CERTIFIED code of conduct).
- Identify potential partners and stakeholders who may have been left out at the community and district levels
- in collaboration with WAFFs programme Monitoring and Evaluation desk,create a monitoring and evaluation system for tracking interventions of WAFF’s Cocoa Programme and its partners to ensure that objectives are being met, and that activities do not stray from the objectives of the programme
- Present the findings at a validation workshop for stakeholders to make inputs
- Submit a comprehensive report to the Ghana Cocoa Programme Manager
COVERAGE OF ASSIGNMENT
The WAFF Cocoa Programme is currently based in four of the six cocoa producing regions in Ghana namely: Western, Ashanti, Eastern and Central Regions. WAFF provides some ad hoc technical support to other entities (e.g. LBCs). The implications for including such districts in the study would be agreed upon with the successful consultant. The districts are as follows:
- Sewi Wiawso
- Ahafo-Ano North
- Ahafo-Ano South
- Twifo Praso
- Assin Fosu
- Suhum Kraboa Coaltar
- Others (ad hoc interst support projects)
Required Skills or Experience
- The consultant must be educated to a minimum of Masters Degree in Development Studies, Agricultural Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation,Social Sciences or other related fields
- At least five years in providing consultancy services in monitoring and evaluation and/or development research (preferably conducted research in the cocoa sector)
- Proven experience in leading development projects in the cocoa sector would be an advantage
NOTE: In case of Consulting firms, personnel should meet the above criteria.
Interested consultants should provide the ff:
- Expression of interest, with concept note of not more than 5 pages on how the tasks could be met:
- Capacity Statement indicating ability to meet the above eligibility criteria should be submitted electonically to West Africa Fair Fruit at[email protected] not later than Monday 16th May, 2011.