The West African Examinations Council, a sub-regional organisation responsible for the conduct of various examinations in the English speaking West African Countries, invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill vacant positions in its Internal Audit Department in Ghana.
Job Title: Internal Auditor (3 Positions)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will report directly to the Head of the Audit Unit and will be required to assist in performing the following duties, among others:
- Plan and appraise the Council’s internal control system to ascertain its soundness and adequacy.
- Review the financial and operational system of the Council on an on-going basis
- Appraise the methods used to safeguard assets of the Council and verify the existence of such assets.
- Ensure adherence to the approved annual budget.
- Perform pre-audit of payments.
- Undertake any other assignments to be assigned from time-to-time by the Head of Audit Unit
Required Skills or Experience
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a good university degree (at least Second Class Honours) in Accounting from any recognised university.
- Hold at least final Part two (2) certificates of ICA, ACCA, CIMA or similar professional accounting qualification.
- Be highly computer literate. Possession of CISA certificate will be an added advantage
- Must NOT be more than forty years of age at the time of application
- Applicants must have at least three (3) years post National Service experience acquired in an auditing environment.
- Applicants must also have a working knowledge of IFRS and ISA
- Be persons of high integrity and reliability;
- Possess good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Have strong analytical and enquiring mind;
- Demonstrate the potential for leadership.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to download Application Form from the Council’s website: www.waecheadquartersgh.org. The completed Application Form should be submitted to the following address:
The West African Examinations Council
P. O. Box 125
Attention: Deputy Director, HRM
Offer valid till: 05 Jul, 2013