Winrock International a US based international non-governmental organization is empowering cocoa households with opportunities and education solutions (ECHOES) programme in Ghana. Under the ECHOES programme Winrock international is expanding learning opportunities for target community members in its operational areas. The organization has established community learning centres where teachers will be trained in basic computer literacy and skills. As part of the community capacity building.
Winrock International (WI)
Deputy Chief of Party – Behavior Change Specialist for the Ghana Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (GWASH) project
Reports to: Relief International GWASH Chief of Party and Winrock GWASH Program Officer
Scope of Work:
The Behavior Change Specialist for the USAID/Ghana funded Ghana WASH project will be the overall manager of the Behavior Change Strategy component of the project and interact with the entire GWASH team as project Deputy Chief of Party (DOCP).
- She/he will be responsible for Behavior Change program development and management, focusing on the capacity building of local NGOs (LNGOs), district-level government partners, and GWASH staff to ensure the sustainable training of communities to carry out and adopt behavior change in sanitation and hygiene practices.
- The BCC Specialist will supervise and provide guidance to staff serving as Behavior Change Agents (BCAs) and Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTs) Agents to ensure the timely planning of LNGO trainings and experience sharing workshops, and tracking GWASH BCC progress and project deliverables as well as developing and implementing a BCC strategic plan for the GWASH project.
- A CLTS coordinator, directly responsible for oversight of the CLTS initiative, will also report to the DCOP/BCCS.
- The preferred candidate will possess an ability to analyze existing programmatic, administrative and financial management systems in order to streamline whenever possible to promote efficiency in project implementation
Required Skills or Experience
- Educational Qualifications: B.A. required, M.A. preferred
- Demonstrated 8-10 years international development project management experience, preferably with a USAID funded public health/WASH project
- Demonstrated experience serving as a field-based Behavior Change Communication specialist
- Familiarity with the concept of Community Led Total Sanitation, the measures needed to have a successful CLTS initiative and a grasp of the challenges faced by CLTS implementers
- Excellent command (both verbal and written) English, with demonstrated superior report writing experience
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to think critically and creatively, particularly with respect to improving systems which impede overall performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter, CV, and three contactable references to: [email protected] by COB Wednesday, November 9, 2011. For the full job description for this position please email: [email protected]
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be given a writing assignment to analyze their ability to write a quality report while on a tight deadline.
Closing 9th Nov, 2011