Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is currently recruiting for the position of full-time Director of Operations in its Tamale project office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscape approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana’s natural resources.
Job Title: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Finance and Administrative Manager
The Accountant plays a supporting role to the Finance and Administrative Manager and is responsible for day to day project accounting transactions and assisting in the overall project financial management and reporting. This position reports to the Finance and Administrative Manager.
The Accountant is responsible for day to day project accounting transactions. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and process accounting transactions, such as; disbursements, cash receipts and journal entries and advances that are in accordance with USAID and Winrock finance and accounting procedures and policies.
- Daily record all transactions into the Quickbooks with correct account codes and task code from Winrock Chart of Accounts.
- Ensure the accuracy and necessary supporting documentation for all project transactions.
- Assist the Finance and Administrative Manager in providing training and coaching to staff as well as capacity building to partners when necessary.
- Assist the Finance and Administrative Manager to prepare the monthly payroll and handle and monitor all tax and make payments on social security, health insurance, and employment and personal income tax for staff.
- Assist the Finance and Administrative Manager in budget tracking and budget planning of the project.
- Assist the Finance and Administrative Manager in managing and tracking partner spending to ensure compliance with policy and budget.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly Field Office Voucher (FOV) to Finance & Admin Manager and Winrock Home Office/Headquarters (WI-HQ) for approvals.
- Prepare bank and cash reconciliation with the ledger.
- Prepare a funds request for project operation on a monthly basis.
- Monitor receivable and payable accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Accounting and Certified Public Accountant (or equivalent with additional professional experience);
- Minimum five years of professional experience in an accounting role;
- Minimum two years of experience on USAID-funded programs required;
- Well-developed knowledge and experience using QuickBooks required;
- Experience working with local and international NGOs in Northern Ghana is a plus;
- Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to: [email protected], indicating “Accountant” in the subject line.
- The deadline for submission of the applications is May 24, 2016.
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview.
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an in person interview.