Wood Group (officially John Wood Group PLC) is a multinational energy services company headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The business was founded by Sir Ian Wood in 1982, when it split away from JW Holdings, the largest fishing company in Scotland.JW Holdings had diversified into the energy services business at the outset of the North Sea oil industry in the early 1970s.
In 2002, the company was listed on the London Stock Exchange
Job Title: Senior Cost Control Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Senior Cost Control Engineer to work in Accra, Ghana, on 6\2 week rotational basis.
- Required to provide the cost control and management service for the FPSO and subsea O&M contracts to the Operations and subsea teams AND fully support Ghanaian development to achieve a full handover within 2 years
Responsible for the subsea and FPSO O&M contracts to:
- Provide Cost Engineering services to the Production and Operations, Subsea team
- Work with the Productions and Operations team/Planning team to establish cost tracking and progress measurement systems
- Produce accurate Cost Reports to include Forecast Costs, Estimated To Complete, Value of Work Done and Commitments against approved budgets.
- Calculate Estimate To Complete in line with progress achieved and Jubilee Asset integrated schedule
- Provide expenditure phasing and projections in line with schedules and contract compensations terms and conditions.
- Assist in coding of requisitions in line with approved budgets and Cost Breakdown Structure coding plus corporate coding structures.
- Provide Value of Work Done assessment based on established progress system & contractor reports.
- Monitor contract expenditure and forecast contract value against approved contract values in collaboration with the C&P team.
- Become key user of the OPE$T Activity Based Cost Modelling tool and Easy Manage Cost Control Management System
- Prepare detailed budgets in accordance with the CBS which shall form the basis for detailed level cost reporting and analysis.
- Present weekly cost reports identifying spend profiles and projections.
- Prepare and participate to the presentation of the Asset Monthly cost report and its approval by the Cost Centre Managers/Asset Manager
- Monitor actual spend against budgets, analyse deviations and recommend remedial actions. Prepare agenda items for cost review meetings.
- Mentor and Supervise the Cost Control team
- Support Ghanaian development plan to be achieve a full handover of his responsibility within a maximum of 2 years
Job Requirements Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Candidates require a number of year’s relevant oil and gas experience in a similar role.
- Subsea tie-back and support vessel experience.
- Familiar with SIMOPS \ PTW systems.
- Excellent communications and reporting skills
Technical \ Business Skills Required:
- Production Operations team to track costs and spend of Operations Budgets
- Planning teams to understand cost impacts from Integrated Plan activities
- Ghana In-Country team to receive cost and budget inputs
- Contracts & Procurement resource to fully understand cost commitments
- Key Operational Contractors (Subsea and FPSO O&M Contractors to define and receive cost information)
- Finance team to receive, understand and analyse actual
- Operations and Subsea departments Budget Holders
Business \ Industry Experience Required:
- Confident user of Microsoft applications such as ‘Excel’
- Experience with a range of IT systems
- Previous Cost Engineer experience in oil and gas industry
- Basic knowledge of planning discipline in an Operated Asset
- Previous experience in a small team management/mentoring
- Experience in CMMS system would be a plus
Experience in SAP
Personal Competencies Required
- Good Communicator both verbal and written
- Good team member
- Ability to work with JV and Contractor teams in a cooperative way whilst obtaining the required results
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Receptive to handling a variety of project specific tasks
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Technical Degree in Oil and Gas.
- Member of appropriate cost Institution if possible
- A number of years’ experience in Oil and Gas industry
Why is WGPSN ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career