The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Country Directors Office of the Ghana Country Office. The position will be based at our Ghana Office in Accra. The Internship will be for an initial period of 3 months starting as soon as possible.
Job Title: Internship, WFP Ghana Country Office
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Country Directors Office with the following key duties:
- Provide project management support to Country Director/Deputy Country Director and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures;
- Follow up on data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Research and analyze policy and operational issues to support senior management in the development of policies, programmes and activities;
- Provide guidance to support CD/DCD, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries;
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Social Sciences, International Affairs, Economics, Environmental Sciences and other courses related to Programme;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$700 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.