Posted on :
24 Oct, 2016
24 Oct, 2016
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a Canadian nonprofit organization with a mission to foster human development and global understanding through education and training. We are a network of professionals, students, volunteers, faculty, and community leaders who, together, provide opportunities to some of the world’s most disadvantaged youth. Our programs and services improve access to and quality of education, expand employment opportunities and foster empowerment for youth. We work with and through our southern partners – government, civil society and the private sector. Centre for International Studies in Cooperation (CECI) is a leader within an international network of partners combating poverty and exclusion. Our main area of expertise is in the building of development capacity of local partners in four main areas: sustainable economic development, food security, human security and emergency response, and gender equality. Present in several countries, the CECI contributes to improving the conditions of thousands of people and changing lives, every day.
WUSC and CECI have formed a consortium led by WUSC for the design and implementation of a West Africa Governance and Economic Sustainability in Extractive Areas (WAGES) project (20162021). WAGES aims to support sustainable, broad based and inclusive economic development in three countries in West Africa, Burkina Faso, Ghana and Guinea. WAGES will contribute to inclusive local economic development by contributing to the creation of jobs, especially for women and youth, reducing poverty and generating revenues for local businesses. WAGES will support gender equality by strengthening women’s ability to participate in community decision-making processes, increasing women’s access to market-relevant and business development skills training, and ensuring that women benefit from new employment opportunities generated by the project.
Job Title: Driver/Messenger – 1 position
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager based in Accra
Contract term: 2 year contract renewable.
Nature and Scope
• The Driver/Messenger will provide administrative and technical support in the management of the officially designated WUSC vehicles for the implementation and monitoring of WUSC Program activities in Ghana.
• Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the driver/Messenger will:
Administrative and technical support:
• Support the Finance and administration Manager in the administration of WUSC official transport needs
• Advise the Management and other staff relative to travel itinerary during Official trips.
• Drive official vehicles for trips and approved purposes.
• Manage the maintenance, repairs and correspondence in respect of the WUS Official transport.
• Responsible for the day to day driving and management of WUSC official vehicles.
• Responsible for regular updating of vehicle log books.
• Maintaining electronic and physical filing system for WUSC official vehicles
• Preparation of monthly maintenance schedule and reports
• Ensuring effective and efficient communications with the Finance and Admin Manager and other staff in the use and management of the WUSC Official vehicle.
• Making travel arrangements itinerary for the approval of the Finance & Admin Manager
• Ensuring that program equipments is used within clearly define norms.
• Performing other assigned duties, as may be assigned and /or required
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Senior High School Education Certificate or its Equivalent:
• At least (Five) 5 years professional driving experience, good knowledge of roadways, main government offices, embassies, commercial establishments, etc.
• Possess a valid international Driving License
• Prior experience of working with international organization is highly desirable
• Ability to communicate effectively in English;
• Willingness to work after office hours and on weekends, and the willingness to provide support under crisis or emergencies situations at short notice; and
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team and relate to a wide range of stakeholders (donors, clients, and staff)
How to Apply For the Job
Applicants should send their resumes to:-
Closing Date: 28 October, 2016