Posted on :
26 Jun, 2014
26 Jun, 2014
World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For over three decades, World Vision has been working with rural communities in all 10 Administrative Regions of Ghana to provide portable water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices, quality education and enhance food security.
Job Title: Christian Commitment and Church Partnership Manager
To develop and integrate initiatives that nurture the spiritual formation of staff of World Vision Ghana, facilitate the development of partnerships with churches and para-church organizations for the faithful expression of holistic Christian witness which contribute to the flourishing of children, their families and communities so that they are equipped for sustained transformational development.
• The position is based in Accra with some level of domestic/international travel.
• The position comes with an attractive salary package.
• S/He reports to Programmes Quality Director.
• Facilitate the strategic integration of Christian Commitment and Transformational Development
• Coordinate efforts to build the capacity of staff and church leaders for effective “Witness to Jesus Christ through life, word, deed and signs”
• Contribute to the sustenance of the ethos and culture in World Vision Ghana that is consistent with our Vision, Mission Statement, Core Values, Guiding Beliefs and Policies.
• Organize spiritual retreats, conferences, devotions, prayer sessions and other events that will enhance staff spiritual growth.
• Provide technical support and coordination to Programme Managers for the effective spiritual nurture of children and youth, through Child Clubs, Young Ambassadors, in alignment with Child Well-being.
• Facilitate pastoral functions that provide psychosocial support to staff as needed.
• Facilitate inter-faith engagements and programming, as appropriate, to contribute to child well-being
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least first Degree in Theology, Christian Education or any relevant social sciences.
• Post graduate qualification in related discipline preferred.
• At least 5 years post-qualification experience in a similar position, 2 of which should be in a higher or supervisory role.
• Must have the ability to develop and implement programmes that build staff spiritual formation and Christian Commitment capabilities.
• Must demonstrate exemplary Christian character.
• Good understanding of and respect for Christian diversity in the country.
• Ability to effectively work with different denominations and people of other faiths.
• Must have commitment to World Vision objectives, ministries and systems, its ethos, philosophy of work.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate an1d plan as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
• Must be able to represent World Vision in national and international fora.
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills both orally and in writing
• Must have proven analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
• Have technical competencies to support the organization in Christian related surveys.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to:-
Closing Date: 30 June, 2014
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. WV is an equal opportunity employer.
• We believe in diversity and promote opportunities for all individuals.
• Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.