World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For two decades, World Vision has been working with urban and rural communities in all the 10 regions of Ghana to improve provision of water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices and quality education.
World Vision is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Team Lead – BPO Project.
Job Location: Ga West ADP, Amasaman
Reports to: BPO Project Manager
Purpose of the position:
To provide overall project management for a Business Process Outsourcing Center that will operate from World Vision Ghana’s Ga West telecenter. The objective of the BPO initiative is to provide training and employment of low-income youth and caretakers of youth through the completion of micro-work in Business Process Outsourcing. In the process, prove the viability of BPO in Ghana as self-sustaining method to lift people out of poverty.
Ensuring the complete execution of all core project areas:
- Manage the Infra-structure building, operation and maintenance of the ICT Facility including electrical power, backup power, computers, internet connectivity, networking, printing capabilities, including:
- Trial-test the Infrastructure and ensure effective execution
- Establish serve-level expectations for infrastructure with the consultant
- Report Service level compliance to WV Sr. Mgmt
- Marketing the BPO effort within Ghana to:
- Potential providers of BPO work (generally government agencies)
- Potential supporters of the BPO initiative (government, corps, etc)
- Assure that ample work is coming into the center, requiring coordination with local BPO work providers, World Vision’s own BPO marketing office, and other partners
- Hire and oversee an external evaluation of the project and
- Provide supervision of an expert BPO consultant that will be hired to train the BPO staff and operate the center, ensuring all core aspects of their work are completed. This includes:
- Working closely with the consultant to define performance standards and expectations
- Filling gaps when the consultant legitimately needs help or falls short – backstop any and all problems as required for success
- Assuring the operations of the center, including HR standards, ethical standards, accounting/reporting and monitoring and evaluation requirements etc
- Establishing a plan for on-going meetings and performance in all areas where the Contractor is responsible, including:
- Design and ensure readiness of E-Learning materials on ICT skills by third party vendor
- Plan on Client Certification plan and ensure Client online Center is working
- Screen the profiles of prospective youth and shortlist the final profiles for selection
- Initiate training on ICT skills for selected youth and measure effectiveness in 4 weeks
- Monitor and institute monthly appraisal of performance of all staff
Required Skills or Experience
The candidate must possess the following:
- Educational level: First Degree in Business Management, Project Management
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in Business Development Project management experience and/or qualification
Critical Skills needed (in order of importance):
- Strong communication skills
- Technology savvy
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Strong marketing skills
How To Apply
All interested candidates should apply with their CV attached to [email protected].
As a Child focused organisation, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. WV is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: 03 Feb, 2012