World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision Ghana (WVG) is looking for highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful persons to fill the following position:
Job Title: Citizen Voice and Action (Advocacy) Coordinator – 6 Months’ Contract
This position is designed to coordinate the design and implementation of Citizen Voice Action at the local level. The position will build the capacity of Cluster Programme staff, children, other vulnerable groups, Community Based Organizations, local government agencies and other service providers to implement Citizen Voice Action projects. He/she will facilitate learning, documentation and linkages of local level advocacy issues to national level by working closely with the National Advocacy Coordinator.
- The position is based in Talensi Nabdam (Upper East Region) with some level of domestic travel.
- S/He reports to the Upper East Regional Operations Manager
- Strengthen the capacity of Cluster Offices to implement Local Level Advocacy Programmes in education and health using Citizen Voice and Action.
- Citizen Voice Action training packages developed and implemented in response to increased demand from other Cluster programmes.
- Strengthen Clusters to advocate for improved service delivery and/or influence national policy.
- Support Children clubs / networks at Cluster level to amplify their voices for improved service delivery.
- Document best local level practices and facilitate learning for increased uptake and impact on child wellbeing outcomes.
- Monitor and gather evidence of Good practices, innovations, challenges and solutions shared among Cluster offices.
Required Skills or Experience
- First degree in social accountability, political science, law, social work, sociology Development Studies, Public Policy Management or Governance.
- 3 years relevant experience in community development, local level advocacy, especially Rights Based Programming Approaches.
- Significant experience with International Civil Society Organization.
- Strong management and facilitation skills and experience in capacity building.
- Data collection and the use of a range of simple monitoring tools (e.g. FGDs, community scorecards, power analysis etc.)
- Must have excellent written and spoken English.
- Local languages of the job locations will be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision Website: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-ghana
- The deadline for submission of application is 17th. June, 2016.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.