World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Food Security And Economic Development Programme Manager
The Food Security and Economic Development Programme Manager will provide leadership in developing and rolling out a Food Security and Economic Development Technical Approach for Ghana and align the Food Security and Economic Development Strategy with the World Vision Ghana National Office strategy, lead in developing initiatives that promote livelihoods and economic security for targeted families in operational areas.
- The position is based in Accra.
- S/He reports to the Operations Director
- Lead the development and roll out of food security and economic development technical approach in line with Ghana & Regional Offices strategies.
- Lead the acquisition of grant funding that support employment creation, income generation, value addition and marketing opportunities for target families, groups and communities.
- Assist Area Managers to establish village savings and loan schemes and other products.
- Liaise with financial institutions to ensure that successful groups access micro finance to develop and grow their micro enterprises / businesses.
- Supports the design, monitoring and evaluation of food security and economic development projects, and ensure that lessons leant are documented and inform new initiatives.
- Develop assessment, analytical and impact Monitoring & Evaluation tools that are conducive and stimulate local production, markets and establish linkages with stakeholders.
- Build staff capacity and provide technical assistance to stakeholders and communities to ensure effective partnering that improves results.
- Liaise with donors, UN agencies, Government and other NGOs to ensure accountability, adequate reporting, coordination and compliance with regulations.
Required Skills or Experience
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Food Security, Agriculture, and Economics.
- 5 years post qualification experience in small business development and management.
- Proven experience in managing livelihoods and economic development projects.
- Experience in proposal writing and the successful acquisition of grants.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to communicate on Food Security topics with diverse groups; farmers, managers, bureaucrats, donors, etc.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should apply through World Vision Website:
The deadline for submission of application is 5th September, 2016.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply