World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: M&E Officer
To assist Project Manager and officers to develop and manage Literacy Boost Project effectively through monitoring & evaluation and research for high quality ministry.
- The position is based in Accra
- S/He reports to the Project Manager
- Develop monitoring plans and tools for activity monitoring and the project monitoring;
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures in the project
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Conduct quarterly analysis of project performance in relation to budget and output indicator for management decision making;
- Assist Manager in developing quarterly, six-month and annual reports;
- Train project team in reporting;
- Analyze and document innovative strategies and best practices that can be replicated or scaled up;
- Liaise with Knowledge Management Unit in developing at least one case study annually for publication;
- Develop and maintain an updated database of all project indicators and periodically carry out meta-analysis of the information;
- Support project officers to capture essential data required for entry into database, and also coordinate and provide timely feedback on review work flow processes at the project;
- Ensure that data privacy, data security, and backup protocols are implemented in the field through the relevant individuals/teams;
- Contribute input in support of research and grant proposals, publications and conference presentations at the Regional level;
- Support and (where necessary, coordinate) the development of ToRs for all evaluation and research activities at the project;
- Assist in supervising the operations of consultants to project on PM&E events;
- Participate in virtual and face-to-face NO office education and life skills team planning and update meetings;
- Participate in Semi-Annual DME retreats and PM&E learning events and networks that may yield lessons that can benefit implementation of the monitoring and evaluation;
- Summit monthly M&E project report the PME Specialist.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- First Degree in either development planning, or statistics, Education Foundations with certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in DM&E.
- Must be able to work in a team and be prepared to lead and train subordinates
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of M&E tools and techniques, including ability to develop effective systems for data collection.
- Sufficient knowledge of returns on investment and other project monitoring tools, and ability to train others
- Good facilitation skills
- Skills and experience in DM&E
- Good facilitation skills
- Good time management skills
- Adequate hands on experience in the construction and review of multi-year log frames and LEAP budget templates
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Adequate knowledge of MS Office suite and Lotus Notes, knowledge of other statistical packages such as SPSS an advantage
- Adequate knowledge and skills in data collection software such as Tangerine, GIS, etc.
- Adequate skills in planning and conducting research
- Ability to work and contribute to team building environment especially in a matrix reporting system
- Ability to exhibit a culture of responsiveness and initiative
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should apply through
World Vision Website:
The deadline for submission of application is 10th August.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply