World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision Ghana (WVG) is looking for highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful persons to fill the following position:
Job Title: Travel Officer
To facilitate hotel accommodation and international travel for internal and external staff as well as Partners to and from Ghana offices to conduct business.
- The position is based in Accra with some level of domestic travel.
- S/He reports to the Administrative Coordinator
- Continuously source strategic partnerships to ensure cost efficiency in accommodation and travel operations of the Ghana office;
- Develop and disseminate guidelines for travel and hotel accommodation;
- Submit monthly reports on all functions and expenditure trends;
- Prepare a tracking of all travels with timelines;
- Develop standards to ensure continuous and accurate communication flow with travelers and service providers;
- Carry out security briefing for visiting guests and staff;
- Represent the organization in dealing with related service providers;
- Maintain communication flow within departments and visiting guests;
- Negotiating annual frame work agreements with service providers;
- Sourcing for quotations and processing requisitions;
- Order placement in line with approved rates;
- Managing and co-coordinating service delivery between guests and the hotel;
- Organizing local and international workshops;
- Visa and travel documents processing for World Vision staff/Guests/Support offices;
- Negotiating special rates with air lines;
- Ticket processing and confirmation;
- Immigration document processing of special passes, work permits and dependents passes.
- Coordinate with World Vision staff and guests to provide trip itineraries to travelers.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Experience in implementing logistics and supplies-related activities of not less than two years, preferably within an NGO;
- Ability to handle Protocol duties including the administration of expatriate work/residence permits and entry visa applications is preferred.
- Excellent planning & organizational Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Customer Care skills
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision Website: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-ghana
- The deadline for submission of application is 17th. June, 2016.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.