World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For two decades, World Vision has been working with urban and rural communities in all the 10 regions of Ghana to improve provision of water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices and quality education, particularly at the basic level, enhance food security and respond to disasters.
Job Title: People And Culture (Human Resource)
World Vision West Africa Region is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of People and Culture (Human Resource) Director – WV Ghana /Sierra Leone Hub
- To provide strategic support and leadership in overseeing and managing HR capabilities of WV of Ghana – Sierra Leone by providing quality and efficient service and P&C tools to develop, promote a culture of learning and servant leadership.
- To enhance the capability of WV Ghana and Sierra Leone to develop and retain committed a high caliber of staff and to maintain an effective human resource function in accordance with World Vision International (WVI) and WV Ghana and Sierra Leone policies to support the achievement of Child Well-being outcomes.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a man made or natural disaster.
- The position is based in Accra with regular level of domestic and international travels.
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the National Director
- Maintain an up to date Organizational Structure for the National Offices (NO), country and ADPs.
- Engage relevant stakeholders to articulate the need for general and specific change in the organization.
- Set up and manage a career management system (talent management)
- Monitor departmental succession plan and give necessary guidance.
- Develop a Departmental Strategic Plan in line with the Regional Strategy and LEADER framework.
- Set up a change management team and manage the change process in the organization.
- Evaluates the policy environment and updates them as and when necessary.
- Review, update and maintain WV broad HR policies and procedures in line with the laws of each country (Ghana and Sierra – Leone), in consultation with Regional P&C and Legal Advisor.
- Researches on new policies and keeps track of changes in the labor market.
- Advise Top Management on the HR strategic direction.
- Lead the Performance Management processes to ensure staff performance appraisals are carried out in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Facilitate a job evaluation process using an appropriate internal/external method/system.
- Conduct structured periodic Job Analysis for all positions.
- Provide support and guidance in the formulation of job descriptions.
- Design a competitive salary range as required.
- Monitor and ensure uniform and structured remuneration systems across countries.
- Coordinate and engage in the NOs workforce planning and forecasts, establish appropriate staffing schedule, parameters, norms and ensure that appropriate positive action strategies are used in order to attract and achieve a more diverse workforce.
- Administer all International Staffing requirements for the National Offices in collaboration with the ISS.
- Be final authorized approval level for the department.
- Design and manage staff orientation programme.
- Negotiate and process employment contracts.
- Provide guidance to management on labour issues and changes in statutory requirements.
- Maintain communication with other Non-governmental organizations to ensure World Vision compensation and policies are appropriate and remain relevant to local conditions.
- Apply sound financial management principles to the design and execution of P&C strategies.
- Participate in the overall leadership and Management of the NOs.
- Ensure that local office practice and uphold the partnership HR standards as per Partnership policies.
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of audits and peer review recommendations.
- Provide line support to the National Office Payroll Officers and functional support to the P&C Business Partners including areas of capacity building and performance management.
- Ensure adequate usage on the Our People and reporting on same.
- Ensure that the system data is up to date and staff is capacitated on usage of same.
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters in Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology, Leadership Development or any other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years in Human Resources Management with at least 3 years in a Senior Management Role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of local labor legislature.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player who is detail-oriented.
- Ability to function in a cross cultural environment.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities and observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Full adherence to World Vision Ghana – Sierra Leone Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full Adherence to security protocols
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision Website:
The deadline for submission of application is 20th November, 2016.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. WV is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are highly encouraged to apply