CrystalPur Water Filter End of Project Impact Evaluation
Relief International’s (RI) Social Enterprise Program works to facilitate the growth of local retailers and its partners through the production, promotion and sale of low cost, high impact technologies. Currently one of the products supported is the CrystalPur household water filter.
As part of the product promotion framework, FI now desires the services of a consultant with several years experience in market analysis and project evaluation to undertake an impact evaluation of the enterprise principles, market/value chain analysis and commercialization of social goods and services including water purification systems. To date the filter is being sold in 7 regions in urban, peri-urban and rural communities.
Terms of Reference:
The Benefit/Impact Evaluation will assess the delivery of inputs and outputs provided under this filter distribution and commercialization project in selected locations in three regions of Ghana: Greater Accra, Western and Ashanti. The Impact Assessment will:
- Evaluate the appropriateness of project interventions and inputs/activities, in terms of achieving the desired outputs
- Assess the achievement of project terms number of filters sold, distributors and retailers recruited and the profitability of the filters to these supply chain players as well as identity challenges, if any, in developing a filter supply chain
- Undertake a market analysis of the product including market feasibility and access growth potentials for the filter market in Ghana. Determine how the product fits within the Ghanaian market
- Establish the economic viability/profitability of product for distributors and retailers in the supply chain
- Assess the impact of the product on end-users in terms of improved health, access to safe water, household expenditure on safe water & affordability, ease of use, availability on the market including perceptions on marketing and promotion
- Assess the effectiveness of the water filter in Ghana and determine how individuals (end users and sales agents) are using the filter, the regularity of use, member of household members who use the filtered water and ease of use including additional resources needed to facilitate use
- Assess the Ghanaian market to determine what additional products are needed/wished for by low income households and sales agents. Determine how these potential product can fit within the Ghanaian market and recommend a marketing strategy to continue and promote growth expansion
Required Skills or Experience
- Significant (at least 5 years) experience evaluating INGO projects in the area of Monitoring and Evaluation and End of Project Impact Assessments
- Extensive experience in market research, assessing product feasibility and market ability
- In depth understanding of/experience in analyzing Ghanaian markets & low income households in West Africa
- High level analytical skills; analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, research and report writing
How To Apply
Please email [email protected] to RECEIVE FULL TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Please submit a cover letter, proven experience justification and a report sample to: [email protected] Subject line must include: CrystalPur Impact Evaluation
Closing date: 14th October 2011