Posted on :
19 Jul, 2016
19 Jul, 2016
Yara is the world’s leading mineral fertilizer company with a truly global presence and with leading positions in ammonia, nitrates, NPK and specialty fertilizers. Yara has supplied high quality fertilizer products to Africa for more than 80 years. Yara Ghana was established in 2007 to strengthen the quality and depth of input supply and related services along agricultural value chains to increase the productivity of Ghanaian farmers. We have a motivated staff of approximately 40 in Accra, Tema and in the regions.
Yara Ghana is looking for a Junior agronomist to join our team to enhance the knowledge on Yara’s solution for crops. The position will be based in Accra and will report to the West Africa Agronomist.
Job Title: Junior agronomist
• Be responsible to implement the technical Action Plan
• Promote Yara Crop Nutrition Programs
• Implement technical recommendations based on the company strategy
• Coordinate and follow-up field day activities
• Support sales team in YARA crop clinics and take farmer testimonials
• Implement and monitor scientific trials
• Ensure commercial crop demonstrations are well established and monitored
• Support local implementation of crop based road map and farmer segmentation
• Analyse data from demos into concise results, develop farmer profitability models and share with farmers, commercial team and industry stakeholders
• Promote the YARA crop nutrition program and develop technical content in marketing materials to support sales teams in regions commercial farms
• Provide technical support to sales representatives
• Build agronomic competence and train Yara staff in crop nutrition and fertilizers
• Support sales agronomists in providing expert advice to commercial farmers
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Agronomy or its equivalent
• A master’s degree will be an advantage
• Minimum 3 years multinational working experience.
• Excellent communication and listening skills; good interpersonal relationship skills.
• Ability to work independently and within teams.
• Excellent computer skills and project management capabilities.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested should apply below
Closing Date: 19 July, 2016